• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My friend got selected in the lottery for season ticket holders in 2011 and it cost him 1,500 per ticket to go at face value (airfare, hotel, etc). It's probably a once in a lifetime opportunity but that is a lot of money.

$1500 is actually cheaper than I thought they would be. I think I'm used to hearing the price for tickets on the secondary market. Still, if you manage to find yourself at the Superbowl and you have the gall to complain about being cold, STFU.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$1500 is actually cheaper than I thought they would be. I think I'm used to hearing the price for tickets on the secondary market. Still, if you manage to find yourself at the Superbowl and you have the gall to complain about being cold, STFU.

They were $750 face value in the upper deck. Pretty ****** that they put the team's season ticket holders in the upper deck corners but... capitalism.

Last edited:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who doesn't like snowy games?

SCJbDnr.jpg

Worst call in history.
#fuckthePats
#cheatingbasterds

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tell us how you really feel.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a lot of people never even knew (until I brought it to the public's attention) was that the Patriots employed cheating ways (videotaping of run-through) to secure their Super Bowl victory against the St. Louis Rams. Believe me when I tell you, there's still bitterness about that here in the STL.

Rams would have been the 49ers (1980s) of the 2000s if they hadn't been derailed by cheating.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Rams would have been the 49ers (1980s) of the 2000s if they hadn't been derailed by cheating.

Or Mike Martz incompetence as a head coach... Great offensive coordinator that took advantage of his players talent though.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My friend got selected in the lottery for season ticket holders in 2011 and it cost him 1,500 per ticket to go at face value (airfare, hotel, etc). It's probably a once in a lifetime opportunity but that is a lot of money.

i have a friend who goes all the time (boston boy). his in-laws foot the bill. is no fair.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I needed 75 points from McCown, Forte and Murray tonight... and I got them. Trollolol I sat Brees for McCown two weeks in a row and it paid off two weeks in a row.

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one time I root for the Cowboys and those assholes let me down. Goddamnit.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a lot of people never even knew (until I brought it to the public's attention) was that the Patriots employed cheating ways (videotaping of run-through) to secure their Super Bowl victory against the St. Louis Rams. Believe me when I tell you, there's still bitterness about that here in the STL.

LMAO. Rams won one Superbowl, lost another and never made it back to the big game. Maybe Kurt Warner shouldn't throw pick-sixes (and I like the guy). But sure, blame Spygate to make yourself feel better about life...

It amazes me the irrational things sports fans will say without any real evidence. Easier to buy into some conspiracy than accept your opponent was the better team on the field that day. And 12 seasons after the fact too. Just sad.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I needed 75 points from McCown, Forte and Murray tonight... and I got them. Trollolol I sat Brees for McCown two weeks in a row and it paid off two weeks in a row.

Holy ****. That takes some guts to do. Glad it worked out for you.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your views lack verisimilitude. The Rams were demoralized by their defeat because they thought they had been outplayed on the level. If the Super Bowl had been played fair and square, the Rams' confidence would have propelled them to two or three Super Bowl victories in a row. Then probably another one a couple of years later.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KC1 starting in place of RG3 against Atlanta, and probably for the rest of the season. What a circus in D.C.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy ****. That takes some guts to do. Glad it worked out for you.

Did the same thing. I thought I had screwed myself benching Brees when he put up almost 30. But then McCown came through and then some. I don't know what to do this next week in the playoffs now. Brees at the Rams, or McCown (maybe, if Cutler isn't back) at Cleveland. I'm leaning Brees, as he will be inside where he is comfortable. But I don't know.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Your views lack verisimilitude. The Rams were demoralized by their defeat because they thought they had been outplayed on the level. If the Super Bowl had been played fair and square, the Rams' confidence would have propelled them to two or three Super Bowl victories in a row. Then probably another one a couple of years later.

As with all insights from Link, this one is not just true, it is a fact.

The Rams of that era had a nickname "Greatest Show on Turf". Tautologically and ipso facto, as they were the greatest, there was no way to prevent their success through non-illicit means. Thus; they probably would still be winning into this era.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics