NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

RG3 is the same size as Aaron Rodgers, who is the best case scenario of who he can become. Rodgers, as you recall, sat for several seasons beyond Brett Farve in Green Bay and was not all that impressive when he first got the chance to start. I always thought that last season was a bit of fool's gold for RG3 because defenses were not used to seeing the read option, but this season is an aberration too due to his lack of offseason work and the lingering effects of his knee injury. I still think he will become a very good QB once he gets used to the pro game and develops chemistry with his receivers.

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

What are you talking about? He's a legit 6-2 at the NFL combine. Only thing RG3 doesn't have right now is bulk in his frame like Luck. RG3 can run and throw with touch (something Vick could never do). Luck isn't as fast or explosive as RG3 but he's a lot stronger than him though as evidenced by his bigger body and ability to take hits. Tebow is nowhere near as fast or quick as RG3 and Luck.

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I have discovered, based on forensic syntactical analysis, that irregardless of being a professor who sometimes gets called Dr. Lee, our friend L'Inc also writes copy betimes for the NFL's drug-testing authorities!

[​IMG]

4. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

A guy kicks a 70 yard punt and all of a sudden he's getting tested for juice. "Random."

5. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I hope you're right. I like the kid. I just see him as a more fragile Michael Vick.

Peterson is indeed a freak of nature.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

That was Weatherford's point when he tweeted it or posted it or whatever he did.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I stopped following him because he was annoying [​IMG]

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I only saw it because it was on the Kissing Suzy Kolber site, which I started following because of its hilariously savage mockery of Peter King.

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

It doesn't help that the hits he takes just look plain brutal. That compilation of the hits he took last night was nuts (and it wasn't even the 4th quarter).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013

10. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Niners fan and I just felt bad for RG3. He was getting hit on nearly every play in the second half.

That said, WOOO NINERS

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I stand corrected on the height, but he's the shortest looking six two I've ever seen. I have not seen all his games, but when I have seen him his passing has not been nearly good enough to warrant the hype. And his attitude is questionable.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013

12. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Luck has taken some nasty hits this season as wwell. Pocket passrrs don't really exist anymore (save for the ones from 4-5 yrs ago)

13. Wade

Wade Senior member

Russell is the qb that's like 5'10

I think manziel is under 6 too so it'll be interesting to see how he does out of college

14. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Some GM will waste a too high draft pick on Manziel and he'll run his mouth and piss off everyone within a year. Plus he's the sort of guy that every defensive player would just love taking shots at.

15. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Manziel is going to be the evil Tim Tebow except he won't get any charity contracts because nobody likes him.