1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Or Mike Martz incompetence as a head coach... Great offensive coordinator that took advantage of his players talent though.

2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i have a friend who goes all the time (boston boy). his in-laws foot the bill. is no fair.

3. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I needed 75 points from McCown, Forte and Murray tonight... and I got them. Trollolol I sat Brees for McCown two weeks in a row and it paid off two weeks in a row.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  4. Nil

Nil Senior member

The one time I root for the Cowboys and those assholes let me down. Goddamnit.

5. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

LMAO. Rams won one Superbowl, lost another and never made it back to the big game. Maybe Kurt Warner shouldn't throw pick-sixes (and I like the guy). But sure, blame Spygate to make yourself feel better about life...

It amazes me the irrational things sports fans will say without any real evidence. Easier to buy into some conspiracy than accept your opponent was the better team on the field that day. And 12 seasons after the fact too. Just sad.

1 person likes this.
  6. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Holy shit. That takes some guts to do. Glad it worked out for you.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Your views lack verisimilitude. The Rams were demoralized by their defeat because they thought they had been outplayed on the level. If the Super Bowl had been played fair and square, the Rams' confidence would have propelled them to two or three Super Bowl victories in a row. Then probably another one a couple of years later.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

KC1 starting in place of RG3 against Atlanta, and probably for the rest of the season. What a circus in D.C.

1 person likes this.
  9. denning

denning Senior member

Did the same thing. I thought I had screwed myself benching Brees when he put up almost 30. But then McCown came through and then some. I don't know what to do this next week in the playoffs now. Brees at the Rams, or McCown (maybe, if Cutler isn't back) at Cleveland. I'm leaning Brees, as he will be inside where he is comfortable. But I don't know.

10. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

As with all insights from Link, this one is not just true, it is a fact.

The Rams of that era had a nickname "Greatest Show on Turf". Tautologically and ipso facto, as they were the greatest, there was no way to prevent their success through non-illicit means. Thus; they probably would still be winning into this era.

1 person likes this.
  11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I like Brees this week even if McCown plays.

12. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

That was a great post, edinatlanta. Lot of truth in just those couple of lines.

13. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

its all they are talking about on sports radio. full of lawlz the whole thing. well, if you are not a skins fan that is. sorry, buddy.

14. dcg

dcg Senior member

Imagine the shit show if Cousins plays well (and he has, when he's been in previously).

2012 QB draft class has a good chance to end up even better than advertised.

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

DC loves a QB controversy like no other city: Jurgensen-Kilmer, Williams-Schroeder, Shuler-Frerotte, Johnson-George, etc. I could have predicted this was going to happen the second the Skins drafted Cousins.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Wow. RG3 officially deactivated too. Don't know the story behind this but I can't imagine that it's totally performance related, or that Griffin will want to play for Shanahan again

17. dcg

dcg Senior member

At this point, I am 100% confident that Shanahan is an ass, and 90% confident that RGIII is also an ass.

But I'm an Eagles fan, so take that for what it's worth.

But I'm definitely right on Shanahan.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

This is Shanahan's final "fuck you" to the organization clearly

19. Wade

Wade Senior member

Don't see shanahan staying as coach for skins after this season

20. europrep

europrep Senior member

Since they are out of contention, not bad to let RG3 fully heel and hope Cousins plays well enough to generate trade interest.