1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

That was Weatherford's point when he tweeted it or posted it or whatever he did.

2. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I stopped following him because he was annoying [​IMG]

3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I only saw it because it was on the Kissing Suzy Kolber site, which I started following because of its hilariously savage mockery of Peter King.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

It doesn't help that the hits he takes just look plain brutal. That compilation of the hits he took last night was nuts (and it wasn't even the 4th quarter).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  5. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

Niners fan and I just felt bad for RG3. He was getting hit on nearly every play in the second half.

That said, WOOO NINERS

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I stand corrected on the height, but he's the shortest looking six two I've ever seen. I have not seen all his games, but when I have seen him his passing has not been nearly good enough to warrant the hype. And his attitude is questionable.

7. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Luck has taken some nasty hits this season as wwell. Pocket passrrs don't really exist anymore (save for the ones from 4-5 yrs ago)

8. Wade

Wade Senior member

Russell is the qb that's like 5'10

I think manziel is under 6 too so it'll be interesting to see how he does out of college

9. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Some GM will waste a too high draft pick on Manziel and he'll run his mouth and piss off everyone within a year. Plus he's the sort of guy that every defensive player would just love taking shots at.

10. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Manziel is going to be the evil Tim Tebow except he won't get any charity contracts because nobody likes him.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Everyone takes hits.
    And what do you mean pocket passers don't exist? That's simply not true, even "running QB's" like Cam, Kap and Wilson are
    doing their best to pass out of the pocket first and run second. If this year has reinforced anything about the QB position its that a QB needs to be able to drop back and pass consistently and effectively or they're just a novelty act.

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

^ I agree with NorCal. Plus, I never feel like Luck (or Wilson, for that matter) is going to get lit up every time he gets tackled/sacked/etc. The same can't be said for RGIII with some of the stuff he pulls.

[​IMG]

13. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

RG3's attitude does suck this year. This is the first time he's ever really played badly and he hasn't really learned to avoid taking hits. He still thinks he can just out athlete NFL defenders like he could in college.

That kick to the groin he took last night was :rotflmao:

14. Tirailleur1

I meant pure pocket passers. They kind of are a rarity these days. I can't really think of one that has come out of college in the last 3-4 years. (Sam Bradford? Matthew Stafford? who I actually am not fond of Stafford at all but that is another story).

15. Tirailleur1

RG3's biggest issue is learning how to slide and avoid uneccessary hits.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

and a shit OL

17. Tirailleur1

you can't blame the O Line for this

[​IMG]

18. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

19. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Does being a pure pocket passer require one to be slow and unable to run? Sure, being able to run and be mobile doesn't hurt but it does not make a quarterback. Running quarterbacks take more hits and get injured more often until they learn how to play in the pocket. I'd take Brady / Manning / Brees / Rodgers and their respective successors over a flavor of the year running quarterback any day of the week. There have been running quarterbacks before and it hasn't created massive changes in the quarterback position. The mobility helps but I don't see it as a fundamental change.