NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Congrats, but I'm not sure that beating my Steelers really counts as a "great win" this year. It's more like "not completely screwing up".

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Perhaps I just give the Steelers more credit than you do. They had NE up against the wall in the third but fortunately, Pats offense clicked at the right time. If dropping 55 points doesn't qualify as a great win, I don't know what to tell you.

3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Dropping 55 on anyone is a solid offensive performance. I'd prefer to see the defense improve a bit, but understand that's tough with a few of our best players out. Hopefully the bye week will let people who aren't on season ending IR get some rest and look better.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

:fonz:

In all honesty, I'm glad they found a way to consistently score points. Offense did a good job bailing out its defense but would much rather have it the other way around.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

This is perfect news for the Dolphins, who've already allowed more QB sacks than any other team. One starter basically says fuck you all, another is suspended because of it, and a third might be following them both. If pouncey is suspended too, then the last starter is a team newbie (Bryant McKinnie)

Pouncey, btw, is in some interesting shit. He's not just a person of interest in this bullying crap, he also has the same status in the Aaron Hernandez murder investigation

6. Nil

Nil Senior member

I feel like crying.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Me too. (Jordy Nelson owner.)

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Well at least the Packers are running away with the Super Bowl of homoerotic commercials (Clay Matthews/Gillette)

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Rodgers is done for the night but no cast or sling is good news. I tot he broke his collarbone

10. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

What incognito did is bad, but it's not like it's news that douchebags exist.

The more interesting angle is about the cash - $15k for a trip, $30k for a dinner. Lots of stories about rookies, "being used as ATM's" in Miami.

There used to be a little of that at places, but that's when I guy was getting $50MM just for being drafted. It also used to be the case that the dollars were lower and used in good humor. Green Bay would always have a prank where the rookies would be told that a local store was giving all the players a free turkey and it was the rookies job to pick up the veteran's turkey.

Of course, there was no such free turkey, but the rookie would be invited over to the veterans house for dinner and not have to spend thanksgiving alone. Much more of a friendly prank than the rumors coming out of Miami.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

imo, the way the older players were extorting money from the n00bs is disgusting. i sincerely hope the are forced to pay back every dollar and fined on top of it all.

12. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

In my opinion he should have been a little more incognito with his actions.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  13. Nil

Nil Senior member

[​IMG]

This is me today.

14. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

:(

[​IMG]

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Is that Snoopy's doghouse in the background?