NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

yes, ed. i asked that.

fair enough, but i expect more from him.

2. David23

David23 Well-Known Member

Before the season NE fans were talking about how Brady will turn these guys into stars like Welker. "It doesn't matter who he is throwing to, Brady makes them good." Couple of games go by and the same fans are complaining Brady has no one to throw to.

Fact is Brady has been inconsistent himself this season, Ive seen quite a few inaccurate passes.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Yeah, he probably expects more from himself too.

I don't know any NE fans who were expecting the sort of explosive offense NE has had over the past couple of years. Most of us were expecting an improved defense, better ground game and a passing attack that would be a step or two back (perhaps not this many steps back, but still). My prediction for this season was for NE to finish 11-5 by virtue of playing in the NFC East and probably get the #3 seed. I expected Amendola to replace Welker's production when he was healthy, the last bit being key, and everyone else to be a downgrade.

Brady's had some rough moments too, but it doesn't help when you have no confidence that your receivers will run the right route or catch the ball. I think Brady makes the receivers around him better, but developing chemistry with an entirely new set of skill players takes time for even the best. There's no reason Edelman should ever have 13 catches in a game. Re: Welker, he is very good, but he's also a receiver that needs an elite QB throwing to him. I think we were stupid to not pay him, but then again we probably weren't expecting Hernandez to be a dumbass and Gronk to be out for almost half the year.

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

5-2 is 5-2

5. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

^ agreed

6. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

True. I'll take it.

7. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Patriots fans are the biggest chicken littles. I think this is true for all boston sports.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Slightly over .500 is probably enough to take the AFC Least anyway

9. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

My experience is the opposite, although I admit to spending a lot less time in Boston than I used to. But Boston fans are one of the bigger "irrational confidence" bases that I know (New York being another one IMO)

I mean, it's not like you're breaking out the sackcloth and ashes over a 6-1 team like Stitchy is up there

10. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Patriots fans are the biggest chicken littles. I think this is true for all boston sports.

11. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Red Sox fans are always in fear that a late season/postseason collapse is imminent.

I think a lot of people's attitudes about their team depend on what era they grew up during. I imagine that people who grew up watching Eli have more confidence in the Giants than those of us who endured Dave Brown, Danny Kanell and Kerry Collins. There is also a tinge of perpetual disappointment with older fans which is a typical NY response to anything.

12. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

They are also from Irish stock. Not the most optimistic people.

13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Why is it "snitching" in that instance but not on every other play when some player or coach is complaining that a penalty should have been called on a member of the other team?

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

They need Neo, catching balls from Brady is his true calling.

15. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

yeah, but Brady's balls are just going to constantly bounce off his chin. i fail to see how that's any different from the current Patriots WRs