1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

How about dumping your pregnant girlfriend for a supermodel?

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

What in particular is the question? Only skimmed the article. Sounds like it's mostly based on the plaintiff's complaint. Maybe mostly accurate, maybe not, but worth noting that it's only one side's self-serving version of the purported "Facts of the Case".

If you're promoting Papa John's and Budweiser it's my considered legal opinion that you're guilty as fuck of anything anyone accuses you of, but beyond that I don't know enough to have an informed opinion ..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Yeah, plaintiff allegations don't have to be true. You can put whatever you want in that.

4. diadem

diadem Senior member

Sorry, I know you probably have better things to do than read through a big-ass PDF file with transcripts of court hearings, but there's basically a bunch of people who testify that almost everything that Peyton and Archie Manning are saying about this case is fabricated. It's not really a he-said, she-said thing, more like a he-said, an-entire-fuckload-of-other-people-said thing. There's also a letter from one of Peyton's teammates, Malcolm Saxon, who was there and flatly refutes Peyton's story about what happened. Just wondering if you think there's still a chance, in light of all the testimony presented against him, that he can't wiggle out of this unscathed (I know he did up until now, but in this day and age, he's sure to be scrutinized some more).

5. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Nothing wrong with upgrading to a supermodel! As long as Brady is paying child support/not being a deadbeat dad then whatever. If he isn't then yea he's shit just like Peyton.

6. cross22

cross22 Senior member

It's stupid to compare that to sexual assault.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Will take a look Tuesday when back in the office at a real computer. Only on my phone for the weekend.

8. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Keep in mind this is going to be as one-sided as a statement of facts can be without the lawyers risking being sanctioned. In other words, biased as hell. Taking only that PDF (scanned), it does look bad, but it would be a poorly drafted legal document that didn't make him look bad. I may try to read more at some point.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Not to mention they have a very good relationship (his ex and son were there during his last SB win together with Gisele and their kids). But blindly calling the GOAT QB a deadbeat dad is easy for the haters, i guess. idk

1 person likes this.
  10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Getting his dick and his ass mixed up is not a good sign for Peyton.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Peyton has always been a weird looking dude with a transparently cultivated public persona. No judgment here but I feel like i wouldn't be surprised by whatever story came out of the woodwork

12. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

^ Harsh. And I'm one of the resident Patriots fans.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't mean that I think he's a serial killer. But he's one of those athletes where most people know virtually nothing about him, other than what his handlers think will play well in middle America.

As opposed to TB, who everyone knows is a douche :p

14. Hombre Secreto

Hombre Secreto Senior member

He was a kid when that happened. How many of us did some deplorable shit when we were under 20?

1 person likes this.
  15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I didn't sexually assault someone when I was under 20 nor did I ruin their life when I became an adult by lying and slandering someone's reputation.

2 people like this.
  16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

And for the record, we don't know if he did either. Everyone is taking this like its 100% true, which we don't know yet. (unless I'm much mistaken, In which case, please let me know!)

17. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

LOL'd so hard. :happy: Yep, it's always the weird looking ones… especially with big foreheads.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Btw what's the deal with Megatron - everyone's so sure that he's retiring? He's not majorly injured afaik and he's obviously still highly productive and very much valued....has he just had enough?

19. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

He's had ongoing ankle issues for a few years, right? It's one thing to saddle up again and again with that kind of thing if you're contending, but if your'e not, you've got enough money, and you have other things you'd like to do, why not hang them up?

1 person likes this.
  20. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

He was suffering from illness and fatigue. He was sick and tired of losing with the Lions. Megatron didn't have major injuries but he was consistently banged up and probably decided he had enough and the money wasn't worth it. Can't be mad at a player for walking away.