• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Under-the-radar play of the game: Edelman taking out Jeremy Lane

NSFW....almost Paul George like, guys....
ey4u0s7abhaa3400fekt.jpg

Had no idea it was that bad. The announcers really didn't get into it. The NBC telecast did a great job of keeping that very low profile. I guess the NFL told the networks to hide as much as the violence as they possibly could.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He knew what happened the last time he did that in 2011. Leave the defense on the field.

Then why not try to have it both ways. Use that TO after Beast's 4 YD run. Then if Beast scores on the next play, you still have about 55 seconds to come back.

You would still be trying to stop the Seahawks with your defense, but if Seattle did score, the Pats would have had a little time for a miracle comeback.

I think Belichick was as surprised by the pass as everyone was.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Belichick knew about the money riding on the game

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Duron Harmon and Malcolm Butler better be on the cover of the championship DVD this year.

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well Brady's 9/10 game is much lower compared to Russell's 9/10 game career to career (percentage winnings).  When Lynch scores a TD in a game, they are 20-1 (now 20-2), in wins.  So I'll stick to my 9/10 - Seattle would have finished that drive correctly without that turnover.

Neither team is one I root for, but I just left the game feeling that the winner was by default.  It is what it is, Patriots can celebrate another one.

In 12 minutes, Brady scored more points against the league's best defense than had been scored against them in the eight previous 4th quarters combined. That's why he's got 4 rings.

Kearse catch was a fluke. Otherwise, Pats win.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm Rob Lowe and I have Direct TV.

I'm incredibly stupid Rob Lowe and I call a pass play when I have the most powerful running back in the NFL one yard away from winning the Super Bowl for me, and I have cable. (Hey, Pete. Don't be THIS Rob Lowe!)

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stupid call. If they gave the ball to Lynch, this would have happened:

mi3PBeQ.gif

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sherman may need Tommy John surgery.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Stupid call. If they gave the ball to Lynch, this would have happened:

mi3PBeQ.gif

I was thinking, wtf is that driver doing and why isn't he stopping? then I realized he was dumped into a driverless cart that had just upended him. great presence of mind getting blindsided like that and immediately trying to steer the thing :laugh:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also what was brilliant was the Patriots's knowledge and ability to draw the encroachment there after the interception. Those guys don't **** around.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but man those Giants Super Bowl wins... both of those should and could have been won by the Pats (in neither season were the Giants better). Just imagine if they had won those two.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also what was brilliant was the Patriots's knowledge and ability to draw the encroachment there after the interception. Those guys don't **** around.

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but man those Giants Super Bowl wins... both of those should and could have been won by the Pats (in neither season were the Giants better). [COLOR=FF00AA]Just imagine if they had won those two[/COLOR].

They didn't.....

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was really rooting for Wilson to Eli Manning Tom Brady again.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining but man those Giants Super Bowl wins... both of those should and could have been won by the Pats (in neither season were the Giants better). Just imagine if they had won those two.

Every one of the six Patriots Super Bowl games since 2001 has been decided by four or fewer points. They could just as easily be 0-6 as 6-0. 4-2 is a pretty good record that matches up with what the oddsmakers predicted, although they got the games the Patriots won and lost wrong. By my recollection, the Pats were heavy 'dogs to the Rams, slight favorites over the Panthers and Eagles, heavy favorites over the Giants I, slight favorites over the Giants II (although the Giants were owning the Pats during this time), and slight 'dogs to the Seahawks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads