• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they should institute a rule where each member of each team is responsible for feeling the other team's balls and carefully cupping them to judge size, weight and other important characteristics

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's a fair qustion and one that should logically be asked. If the same thing happened with the Colts, either both teams did something shady or there's another explanation. It's only a story if only NE's balls were different and there is evidence of wrongdoing.

The colts complained about the balls during two different games. The pats didn't call into question the colts balls. Why would they need to check something with no complaints.

Person A is accused of ****. Why wasn't the victim investigated as well for ****** person A. Get the **** outta here.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:happy: HRoi

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not, but I'll still call out BS and excuses when I see them. Was rooting hard for either the Ravens or Colts to send them packing, but I can't see any rational reason for people to say that they didn't win those games or deserve to be in the SB.

I'd prolly agree that they need to levy progressively larger fines for repeat/unremorseful offenders like the Patriots, but no one should be saying that they shouldn't be in the SB

Who is saying they shouldn't play in the SB? Finish the season, for the sake of a PR nightmare and then bring judgement.

My comment above was specifically stating that bilichik should receive a suspension rather than a petty fine. He needs a punishment that will distance him from the game, which will induce pain, regret, and hopefully a memory worth not repeating again. Repeat offenders require stiffer punishment the next go around.

Good luck getting into the Hall of Fame coach...

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Who is saying they shouldn't play in the SB? Finish the season, for the sake of a PR nightmare and then bring judgement.

My comment above was specifically stating that bilichik should receive a suspension rather than a petty fine. He needs a punishment that will distance him from the game, which will induce pain, regret, and hopefully a memory worth not repeating again. Repeat offenders require stiffer punishment the next go around.

Good luck getting into the Hall of Fame coach...

What made you think that I was referring to you in any way? My conversation with Neo started with my comment that the Colts lost so badly that the ball air pressure had no bearing on the outcome. I was calling BS on all the people who seem to be suggesting otherwise

Last edited:

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This shift of focus to Brady by Bellicheck is interesting. Is he going to take the blame?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This shift of focus to Brady by Bellicheck is interesting. Is he going to take the blame?

Listening to the radio. They said that Brady went from laughing about it on Monday to having a closed door meeting with the team today/yesterday to discuss it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are also saying that some Ravens players may have alerted some Colts players about the potential "ball" issue.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

His press conference in the next few minutes....

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn't know Adam Schefter had a Style Forum account.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What made you think that I was referring to you in any way? My conversation with Neo started with my comment that the Colts lost so badly that the ball air pressure had no bearing on the outcome. I was calling BS on all the people who seem to be suggesting otherwise
I suppose I just assumed, whoops!
But to your stand, the ball didn't have an outcome on that game. It was over quick.
Second half with "proper" balls, Brady tore it up.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In non-Deflategate news, this chick is winning:

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The colts complained about the balls during two different games. The pats didn't call into question the colts balls. Why would they need to check something with no complaints.

Person A is accused of ****. Why wasn't the victim investigated as well for ****** person A. Get the **** outta here.

I think we can discuss this issue without trying to pretend that footballs slightly below regulation weight are in any way morally analogous to ****. I'm very disappointed to see that sort of thing brought up on a thread that is ultimately about a game. A game played by professionals with a lot of money riding on the outcome, but nonetheless still a game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads