1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Nil

Nil Senior member

This is the most hectic free agency I can remember. Massive moves going on.

2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I don't like the Suh deal for the Dolphins. Lose Richie Incognito, sign the one person in the league that is unanimously worse than him.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  3. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Didn't think I could dislike the jets any more...uhgg

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I disliked them more when Rex Ryan was their coach. Can't really blame them for poaching Revis with all the cap space they have. I'm thinking keeping Revis would have cost McCourty and at least one other solid defensive player we'd like to keep (Browner / Wilfork maybe).

1 person likes this.
  5. archibaldleach

Yeah, I can kind of see that (though Suh is a beast when he manages to not get suspended for doing stupid stuff like stomping on players). Lions locker room probably got a lot better swapping Ngata for Suh.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Can someone explain the logic behind the Nick-Foles-for-Sam-Bradford trade from the Eagles' perspective? I actually think that Bradford has talent, and has been hampered by perhaps the worst offensive line/receiving corps combo in the league. Given his injury history and huge contract, however, he is worth a cheesesteak and a soda at this point in his career. Not to mention that he is not a good fit for Chip Kelly's offense. The Eagles have to be moving him, or the trade makes no sense.

7. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Walter Thurmond to the Philadelphia Ducks.

8. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Sam Bradford's cap hit for 2015 is close to $13M while Foles is less than $2M. Wtf is Chip Kelly thinking? Both guys are average starters at best right now and given the cap hit I'd rather have Foles.

9. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior member

trade bait for a team like titans or jets is the only reason i can think of.

10. diadem

diadem Senior member

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Stay classy, Courtland

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

What happened to Nick Foles hype?? I could've sworn he was being hailed as the 2nd coming a year or two ago. Some details please?

13. archibaldleach

No idea what the hell the Eagles are thinking but kind of enjoying the mess they seem to be creating for themselves.

14. archibaldleach

Guy took over a couple years ago and threw something like 27 TDs and 2 interceptions in his first season. People ignored the fact that this was largely luck and expected permanent brilliance. Then Foles came down to earth a bit, still playing pretty decently, and then got injured.

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

He clearly realizes this, and it really bothers him. Why else would he include it in his retirement announcement :laugh:

17. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Another 49er LB is retiring. This time it's Chris Borland who was a rookie last year. So far I count 3 LB's relatively young and still capable of playing at a high level hanging it up, Willis, Worilds, and now Borland.

18. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

T-E-A-B-O-W time!

Anyhoo, 49ers and Cowboys are losing players left and right and the Giants haven't done jack (which is good 'cus they need to keep sucking).

19. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Giants signed Vereen which was a good move. Franchised JPP and let Thurmond and Rolle walk. I'm okay with all of these moves. The offense should be good this year.

1 person likes this.
  20. The Noodles

The Noodles Senior member

Dang. They've been under the radar. Now I recall. Didn't they let go kimanuku(?)?