1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Too bad, since I think Dez is more important to the Cowboys than Murray.

Also, I think there should be a grandfathering of previous "abuse" incidents by NFL players since the current get tough era. If they went back enough years probably 80-85% of NFL players have an "incident" or two in their background.

Coke, ADHD Meds, steroids et al, are some powerful drugs.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

this is a new level of ridiculousness.

so now we have a scandal about whether there might be a scandal??

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Just heard parts of the alleged incident report read on the radio:

Seems that in 2011, a woman was dragged from 1 car to another in a Walmart parking lot. 3 cars(Bentley, Benz & Escalade) involved/at the scene. All 3 cars registered to Dez.
    Apparently, the woman in question is saying that the person involved was "not Dez." The alleged offender is named "Penson." Woman said that she was not injured.

No charges were ever filed against Dez. No one was arrested for the incident....apparently.

4. europrep

europrep Senior member

Fascinating a cop would not bother to view the Walmart video at the time - he had to know there were cameras in the parking lot. Seems like it would make it pretty straight forward of whether there was an incident worthy of a further investigation.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

6. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Anyone else find the term "franchise" grating?

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

It's worse when used as a verb, as in "the Cowboys franchised Dez". It sounds like we should now expect to see a bunch of products and restaurants with his name on them

8. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Patriots franchise Gostkowski. Not really surprised to see this as the other logical choice would have been McCourty and I don't see NE wanting the $9M or so cap hit for a safety when they may be trying to get Revis to resign when a long-term deal might be more cap-friendly for the next 2 years. Realistically I see NE keeping either Revis or McCourty and suspect it will be McCourty. Even if Revis decides after having made a fortune by going to the highest bidder that he'll take a bit less to play on a winning team versus somewhere like Oakland / Cleveland that have crazy amounts of cap room, I'm not sure how close NE gets to offering a bit less versus a lot less. Who knows. I may be proven wrong, but we shall see. Can't complain too much about losing a guy or two in the offseason when you're team has just won the Superbowl.

9. dcg

dcg Senior member

Shady getting traded to the Bills for Kiko Alonso. If Alonso's healed from the ACL, I like this (pending what the Eagles do with all the cap space they just freed up, and the extra they'll get when they likely let Demeco Ryans go).

10. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior member

This dude trying to assemble Oregon at the pro level

11. diadem

diadem Senior member

Brandon Marshall to the Jets...so now the Jets have Percy Harvin, Eric Decker, and Marshall as their receiving corps. Pretty stacked, but...still no QB to get them the ball. Will be interesting to see who they draft this year...

12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

They need to get a RUNNING GAME.

13. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior member

They're not keeping harvin, at least i doubt they would

I don't think Chris ivory is that bad, some decent rbs in this years draft so they have draft one

I think they stick with geno one more year and if no improvement then move on

14. diadem

diadem Senior member

Whoa, Jimmy Graham to the Seahawks...

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Sounds like an upgrade to their Red Zone passing game. :)

16. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

And the Saints dumping salary to free up cap space.

17. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Saints needed the cap space. Seahawks need additional competency in their receiving / TE corps.

Sad to see Vereen go but Pats were never going to pay up for a third down pass catching back. Thrilled to have McCourty back.

18. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

^ Agree. Love Vareen's contributions, but replacable. Revis, not so much. Hope to keep him...but please, not to the jets