• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Giants/Eagles/Skins-Cowboys rivalries all share the same common thread... Texas and everything it represents sucks and the Cowboys are the mascot.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is also the source of the Jaguars/Texans rivalry, which is one of the most "heated" in all of sport.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's because Texans irrationally, unjustifiably and obnoxiously believe that everything from Texas is the best.

which is the exact same problem that New Yorkers suffer from :fence:

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also Jacksonvillahs (or whatever they are called).

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

I've always viewed it as a second-tier rivalry (though I was born in '88 fwiw). But living in Virginia, I see a lot of anti-Cowboys license plates :revolve:

It doesn't have the same impact as Ravens-Steelers, Manning-Brady type of games

Green Bay - Chicago??

FTFEveryone

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

which is the exact same problem that New Yorkers suffer from :fence:

You just haven't experienced summer in a NYC subway. You don't even know.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not really hatred from either side. Redskins-Cowboys is like a rivalry between two siblings who are very close in age. Each wants to beat the other badly, but there is underlying respect. Eagles and their fans, on the other hand, are like the blue-collar, asshole neighbor down the street. We just hate them.
Redskins-Cowboys started in the 1970s when George Allen was the Redskins' head coach, and got huge in the 1980s. There may be some NFL rivalries that are as good, but there are none that are better. Certainly better than Ravens-Steelers (which started in 1996) and Manning-Brady (which isn't really a rivalry because they don't play each other directly).

My grandparents have been lifelong Redskins fans, and they've always gotten geeked up for the Cowboys in a unique way. I can get the respect vibe though.

Maybe it's because my grandpa is from Texas. There's no zeal like the convert.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sanchize made an appearance and actually appeared like a competent QB. Maybe getting away from the Jets (or playing against the Texans) was all he needed.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a special exception that can be made for "Big Ben" to where he can be inducted into the Hall of Fame while he is still playing. His last two weeks might make him eligible all by themselves.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SecondhandRemarkableElk.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads