1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Bill Simmons looking to get himself suspended again...

2. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

So when will Bilichick get his one year suspension from the NFL? How many infractions does it take to finally succumb to a punishment that he will remember?

3. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason the Colts lost 45-7

1 person likes this.
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

What's this?! HRoi defending the Pats??

5. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Oh. You just wanted the smart Pats fans.

6. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I'm not, but I'll still call out BS and excuses when I see them. Was rooting hard for either the Ravens or Colts to send them packing, but I can't see any rational reason for people to say that they didn't win those games or deserve to be in the SB.

I'd prolly agree that they need to levy progressively larger fines for repeat/unremorseful offenders like the Patriots, but no one should be saying that they shouldn't be in the SB

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

This ball thing is definitely an NFL conspiracy to create narrative for the Superbowl.

9. cross22

cross22 Senior member

WTF Patriots :facepalm: I mean come on man... They make it so hard to root for them.

Also, fuck NFL for leaking this shit before officially releasing the results.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  10. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Testing the court of public opinion. They've fucked up so many punishments it makes sense

1 person likes this.
  11. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Reading through this, I cannot find anything about the balls used by the Colts. Anyone see something on this?

12. cross22

cross22 Senior member

Each team brings their own balls.

13. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Lol, NE fans keep asking about the colts balls. They are also blaming the change in temperature.

14. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I like the prediction that Goodell, Kraft, BB will pin this on some hapless ball boy.

15. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

It's a fair qustion and one that should logically be asked. If the same thing happened with the Colts, either both teams did something shady or there's another explanation. It's only a story if only NE's balls were different and there is evidence of wrongdoing.

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I think they should institute a rule where each member of each team is responsible for feeling the other team's balls and carefully cupping them to judge size, weight and other important characteristics

2 people like this.
  17. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

The colts complained about the balls during two different games. The pats didn't call into question the colts balls. Why would they need to check something with no complaints.

Person A is accused of rape. Why wasn't the victim investigated as well for raping person A. Get the fuck outta here.

18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

19. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

Who is saying they shouldn't play in the SB? Finish the season, for the sake of a PR nightmare and then bring judgement.

My comment above was specifically stating that bilichik should receive a suspension rather than a petty fine. He needs a punishment that will distance him from the game, which will induce pain, regret, and hopefully a memory worth not repeating again. Repeat offenders require stiffer punishment the next go around.

Good luck getting into the Hall of Fame coach...

20. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

What made you think that I was referring to you in any way? My conversation with Neo started with my comment that the Colts lost so badly that the ball air pressure had no bearing on the outcome. I was calling BS on all the people who seem to be suggesting otherwise

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015