1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2016-17 Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'm not exaggerating when I say that was one the best Pats games I've watched in a while. Wish I could have been there in person. Ravens played great. Credit to them. On to Denver/Indianapolis!

3 people like this.
  2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I have to agree with you, every time I thought the Pats were done, they bounced back. Great effort by both teams.

3. cross22

cross22 Senior member

Yup. I feel a lot better about them after this game vs. how I felt in December.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

There goes our best hope against the forces of evil.

What, you think Peyton is gonna get it done?

5. FENWAY

FENWAY Senior member

Agree 100%. Edge of your seat fun. Now just need the Colts to take care of business

6. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Great game. I'm glad I was at a bar. If I was at home, I probably would have broken a couple of things in my apartment during the game in frustration. I liked the character and grit shown by the Pats during this game though.

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Belichick having only 4 linemen and an eligible receiver report as ineligible was a brilliant coach tactic to confuse the Ravens defense and draw a 15yd penalty from Harbaugh. My guess is this will be looked at in the offseason by the competition committee and be outlawed.

8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

The WR pass was also brilliant and one of the worst/best (depending on your perspective) playoff skunkings thati can remember. Fucking patriots :laugh:

9. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

You see the WR pass all the time. I've never seen 4 linemen with one receiver reporting ineligible as a blocker. That's exploiting a loophole in the rule book and a tactic that most coaches would be too afraid to do.

10. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I wouldn't call this exploiting a loophole it's more like violating an unwritten code.

Question, how do you feel about overshifting in baseball?

1 person likes this.
  11. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

Loved the Edelman to Amendola pass. In addition to being our leading receiver, Edelman now has a perfect career NFL passer rating.

12. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

I'm fine with the overshift in baseball. One team exploits a weakness in the batter, the batter needs to adjust. Here one team found something to allow a shift in offensive formations, the defense didn't adjust to attack the weakness in the formation (blitzing at the ineligible receiver).

I see both sides of the argument of exploiting a loophole vs violating an unwritten code which is why I think it will be banned or clarified in the next competition committee meeting but Harbaugh could've run the same tactic but chose not to. Belichick found something in the rule book and took advantage of something that to my knowledge no other coach before him has done.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

How would they legislate it? You can't have a skinny lineman? I see this as no different than any other trick play except this one is novel for the NFL.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Simplest way, all ineligible receivers must have an ineligible number, 60-79. This guarantees that there will be at least 5 linemen on the field at all times. Another more complicated way if the NFL is still going to allow this tactic, if an eligible receiver is going to declare himself ineligible, he must do it before stepping on the field so before huddling or lining up in formation. Coach must tell ref who announces to the other team and then offensive personnel can be substituted (step on the field). This will allow defense to put in proper personnel. There are obvious problems with the 2nd approach and less problems with the first approach.

16. cross22

cross22 Senior member

LOL! Rules are just fine, no need for any changes to appease a prissy little bitch like Harbaugh...

17. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Let everything in, I say. I'm still upset that the NCAA banned the fumblerooski.

18. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

lol at Fox billing this game as "Ice Bowl II"

and Erin looks really cute bundled up like that

19. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

GB has earned a date with Seattle. Good game.

20. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Dez definitely had control of that ball lol.

1 person likes this.