• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

tullytra

Reaction score

They need to find a way to make their pass rush effective also. Breesus and his O line embarrassed them. Despite all the hype, Suh had a mediocre year (only 36 tackles, 4 sacks and no forced fumbles) and Fairley has been fairly (hah) nonexistent as well.

The pass rush was terrible, and the defensive backs were, at best, equally as awful. They ended up rushing 3 most of the first half as they had Avril chipping the TE and ending up on his face after whiffing play after play. Fairley got injured either before or during preseason, so his year was kind of derailed by that. Suh was never really a factor once he came back from suspension.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They need to find a way to make their pass rush effective also. Breesus and his O line embarrassed them.

because brees is insane.

Despite all the hype, Suh had a mediocre year (only 36 tackles, 4 sacks and no forced fumbles).

but he did stomp on someones head, thats gotta count for something right?

Last edited:

airblaster503

Reaction score

They need to find a way to make their pass rush effective also. Breesus and his O line embarrassed them. Despite all the hype, Suh had a mediocre year (only 36 tackles, 4 sacks and no forced fumbles) and Fairley has been fairly (hah) nonexistent as well.

They need corners that can bump receivers at the line. I have watched every Lions game this year and they just let guys go free every play and give up quick easy passes. They just don't have the talent at that position. As for the pass rush, they were getting up field but there were a lot of blatant holds where defenders had guys arms all around their necks not being called. They need more talent though at the back to get some more blitz packages, linebackers are handcuffed since the corners suck. Refs were pretty one sided but the Lions didn't make stops when they had the chance, a lot of piss poor tackling on run plays that could be stopped for minimal gain instead going for 8-10 yards.

Fairly and Suh will be fine. Suh had a target on his back all season from officials and was getting doubled and even tripled a lot of games. Fairly was out most of the year with a broken foot, give him a full off season of workouts and team drills and heal up and he will be fine.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They need corners that can bump receivers at the line. I have watched every Lions game this year and they just let guys go free every play and give up quick easy passes. They just don't have the talent at that position. As for the pass rush, they were getting up field but there were a lot of blatant holds where defenders had guys arms all around their necks not being called. They need more talent though at the back to get some more blitz packages, linebackers are handcuffed since the corners suck. Refs were pretty one sided but the Lions didn't make stops when they had the chance, a lot of piss poor tackling on run plays that could be stopped for minimal gain instead going for 8-10 yards.
Fairly and Suh will be fine. Suh had a target on his back all season from officials and was getting doubled and even tripled a lot of games. Fairly was out most of the year with a broken foot, give him a full off season of workouts and team drills and heal up and he will be fine.

Being a ************* excuse for a person helps.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Niners - Saints is going to be interesting. But not close, methinks. saints by at least a couple of td's

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Niners - Saints is going to be interesting. But not close, methinks. saints by at least a couple of td's

I'm looking forward to that game. I also expect the Saints to win, but I think it'll be close.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know they put up an outstanding defensive season, but im just not buying into the niners defense holding brees and the saints to few enough points for them to win. im goin saints in this one.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Saints, but they are a much different team on the road than at home. Should be a great game no matter who wins.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I got the Niners

If I had known how terrible Detroit's defense was I never would have picked them as my dark horse. Jesus that was bad for a playoff game. Stafford was just lobbing bombs to his receivers too. Didn't see much from him in the "under" game.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would bet you money but that would almost be like stealing.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saints will be playing on grass with wind and will actually have to travel (they've not traveled more then a singe time zone all year, and all their games outside where early in the season, so no real weather).

I think the Niners D will make like pontius pilate and brutalize Breesus.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and it looks like it's GB v. Giants. Time for another Manning miracle.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got the Niners
If I had known how terrible Detroit's defense was I never would have picked them as my dark horse. Jesus that was bad for a playoff game. Stafford was just lobbing bombs to his receivers too. Didn't see much from him in the "under" game.

Stafford's passing yardage total for the season needs to have an asterisks next to it that directly thanks Megatron. That man is ridiculous. Stafford clearly doesn't care how many people are on Johnson, he just lobs it up and knows the guy will catch it.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pick the one that doesn't belong: Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Alex Smith.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads