NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by phreak, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Agreed, but we weren't comparing best pregame routine. Plus the other Ravens are worried Ray Lewis will stab them.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

What's he done since the early 90s? And you could very credibly argue Jimmy Johnson was the brains of that operation.

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

This is what helps Ray bring the intensity. No teammate wants to be allegedly stabbed by Ray.

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Your posts in this thread, and all others for that matter, are coma inducing. You say nothing of value. Every post is just some tired ass phrase or lame platitude.

"Roll Cheese, Roll!'

"Jerry Jones sucks!"

HURP DURP

Go subject your local Buffalo Wild Wings to your thoughts on all sports.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

5. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

But Jerry Jones *is* the problem in Dallas.

6. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Be glad you don't follow the NBA thread.

7. Teger

Teger Senior member

any ravens fans here? i always feel that the ravens get the short shrift in the media leadup to the playoffs..

8. Texastyle

Texastyle Senior member

You guys have the Visa commercials! I wouldn't call myself a huge fan, but I really like Ray Rice and the team's grit.

9. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Were you around when he posted in CE on the reg?

The Ravens do get the shaft. Their offense isn't very exciting. I will say this Tony Romo > Joe Flaco

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

10. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Yeah- God forbid I have an opinion contrary to yours.
    Why are my posts any different than the guy who posts something pretty similar for the Saints when they play? And the guy who posted a page or so back. Get over yourself!

And Green Bay *did* win the SB last year. I'm worried about the Saints this year. They're playing better and have been for some time. I don't think either would have problems with the Patriots.

I don't go to Buffalo Wild Wings because I'm vegan.

Just as Al Davis *was* the problem in Oakland.

Because I'm the only vocal non-Laker sycophant.

I'd still post there but I don't have the time, and one can only lead horses to water so many times.

11. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Ravens fan here, Teegs. You should know this. Season ticket holder!

Excited to finally get a home game in the playoffs.

The Ravens get the shaft a little bit from the media, but hey, what do you expect? They're a small-market team who hasn't won anything of note recently. Jets and Giants and Cowboys, teams in big markets with broad followings even outside their geographical area, sell magazines and advertising. Purple birds who are perennial wild-card contenders but not much more and whose most recognizable player is an ex-con who may or may not have been involved in a brutal stabbing, do not. I get that.

And let's face it, they're not that great this year. They're good, talented, but terribly inconsistent and have a few glaring weaknesses. Their record is a little bit a credit to their coaching and the management of the franchise (one of the 3 or 4 best in the NFL IMO) but mostly an indictment of the quality of the NFL today.

Anyways, they don't get much love on the covers of magazines, but the pundits give them their due. Collinsworth was calling them his AFC pick before their big Sunday Night Football game where, predictably, they flopped. :facepalm:

12. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

Big changes this week:

-Vikings announce Rick Spielman as GM. This is going to be an awful biennium for fans of the purple... It beats not having a GM, but he doesn't exactly have a great track record. At least this establishes a clear chain of power unlike the Triad of Ineffectiveness that was there before. Both of the Vikings running backs (Peterson and Gerhart) are on months-long IR. AP, of course, has the torn ACL/MCL and just finished surgery. Gerhart has a torn MCL; they sometimes heal, so it's a wait to see if he will get surgery.
    -Bucs release Raheem Morris from head coach
    -Rams release Steve Spagnolo from head coach
    -Colts fire the (VP and GM) Polians, are reviewing Jim Caldwell
    -Chicago fires GM Jerry Angelo, retains Lovie Smith; Mike Martz resigns due to "philosophical differences over how the team could run its offense." (NFL.com)

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

14. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

No, what Andy Reid has is the so-far unique ability to get something out of Jeff Loria's megabucks superstar under contract. You think Eric Mangini is going to be able to coach Mike Vick?

As soon as Vick signed that $100 million contract, Andy Reid's future got a lot more secure.

15. dcg

dcg Senior member

^Worth noting that the Eagles can get out of the Vick contract with a relatively minor cap hit after this coming season.