NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by phreak, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

I really don't like to speculate about player's personalities. I'll admit I'm not qualified to properly judge them. I have the seem feelings about coaches play calling and team management. I don't adequately grasp play calling, especially throughout an entire game and how each play relates to the overall plan.

I will say Rodgers seems to have the same attitude as Romo, Green Bay seems to be doing ok. I also think it is very hard to judge Romo with all of the other factors going on in the team. No o-line and a secondary that gives up big plays forces Romo to take more chances. With that said Brady and Manning could get the job done with the current Cowboy's lineup. However, they are 2 of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. I really don't think Breese, Rodgers, or Big Ben could do that much better than Romo has. I'd say Romo is better than 60-70% of the QB's out there, maybe a bit too far.

I'm taking a long time to say: Romo isn't even one of the top 3 problems for the Cowboys. I'd rank them 1.) Secondary 2.) Center and 3.) O-line

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Dear NFL Group Think,

Please continue to hire Dave Wannestdet (sp?), as he has had SO much success in the past.

Sincerely,

Rambo

3. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

They might have similar personalities but the Green Bay locker room has a totally different makeup with several proven veteran leaders, Donald Driver, Charles Woodson, Clay Mathews. While the Cowboy's are running with the likes of Allen Ball, Martellus Bennet, Dez Bryant (and formerly Sam Hurd). Romo doesn't have the fire to put them in check.

I agree they have several problems and he might not be the most glaring one. But there's an issue w/ Romo and I just don't want to give him a pass.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

:)

5. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

fir3fox,

I really feel your pain man, I have been a devout Cowboy fan since 1990 and really thought I could get behind Tony when he took over six years ago and for the most part from a statistical level he has not let me down, but the one thing I have seen over the years that will continue to haunt him is the fact that he continues to to buy into his own negative hype. You can see it on his face when he makes a mistake in the 4th quarter, or when he needs to address the media in December, he just continues to buy into the negative bullshit the media spits out every Monday morning and that shows how weak he is as a starting QB. If he can overcome the negativity I think he has the chops to lead a team to the superbowl, it just worries me a little that it has taken him six seasons and he still shows no sign of progress in the mental toughness department.

6. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Go Texans! Go Steelers!

7. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Go Saints!

8. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

9. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Go Cowboys!

Ahhhh fuck. :(

10. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

:confused: lol what a terrible post.

Please pick all of the "veteran" players for Green Bay and then compare them to Dallas' youngest players. BTW, Martellus isn't the primary player at his position.

Clay Mathews - Are you kidding me? Dude has been playing for 3 years in the NFL.

I guess you forgot about: Witten, Brooking, Ware, and Kosier.

Just a garbage comparison of apples to oranges. You could be correct about your analysis, but your reasoning and examples are just terrible. Are you the second coming of airblaster?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012

11. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

Your probably right, it was a terrible post. Not to good at getting my ideas across.

I'm trying to say that GB doesn't have the problems in the locker room that Dallas has. That I can picture Romo thriving in an environment where he doesn't have to be the man to curb other people's attitudes and set them straight. In GB there are plenty of other people besides Rodgers that will step up and do that. In Dallas, there isn't that presence and its not coming from Romo so it doesn't come from anyone. Every year Dallas is picked to do well, at least in their division and every year they disappoint. There's some intangible missing.

12. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

or something that's tangible there: Jerry Jones

13. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Steve, I forgot how much of an idiot you are.

14. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'm not sure anyone takes Brooking seriously. Have you see his little pregame speeches? They might be the corniest things I've ever seen before.

15. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Lol. Not exactly Drew Brees smooth or Ray Lewis intense. It falls half way short in the intensity and smoothness factor and looks stupid as shit.