1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by phreak, Jun 30, 2011.

1. phreak

phreak Senior member

You just described a team that could win 12 games potentially. Imo saying that 10-6 'is doable' does not give Dallas enough credit. But honestly, who the fuck knows with this team, it's not like the last 3 years have played out at all like expected.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yep, this season has ended for the Colts before it's even started. They're done.

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

And this is coming from SF's most optimistic poster!

4. Floater156

Floater156 Active Member

I'm in Chicago and would put my money on Green Bay, they have 14 returning players of injury reserved from their superbowl team. Finley at TE is a stud and Rogers is the top QB in the league, especially now that he and his receivers are perfecting the back shoulder pass.

5. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

No reason for optimism about the Colts for this year. I just received an alert on my phone that stated Manning had another surgery on his neck today. It's uncertain he'll return this season at all. Colts are finished. :(

6. dcg

dcg Senior member

ESPN is reporting a 2-3 month recovery at minimum. Too bad; I've always liked Peyton.

7. Nil

Nil Senior member

RIP the Colts. They have no shot with Manning out.

BTW, does anyone know why he waited until May to have his first neck surgery? I assume this injury happened last season, so he ended up wasting those months he could have been rehabbing.

8. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

Are they going to play Kerry Collins now? They need to start building the future now and Collins isn't it.

9. Nil

Nil Senior member

And maybe it's just me, but having vertebrae in your neck fused doesn't seem like a great thing for a QB to have done. It's all downhill from here for him.

10. phreak

phreak Senior member

We really don't know the circumstances of the injury (when/severity etc) so it's hard to place fault on anyone.

Their future is called Andrew Luck haha

But seriously, this is the same team that is two years removed from a Super Bowl appearance and a 14-0 start. There is talent on the roster and it would be a bad idea to not play to win, and Colts mgmt thinks KC gives them the best chance to win. I'm not convinced that KC is better than Painter right now. But mgmt obviously doesn't see a long term solution to the qb situation on the roster currently.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  11. Stu

Stu Senior member

Yeah, LOL at a guy injuring his neck and requiring surgery. Hysterical.

12. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I would not be surprised if Manning's injury is a lot more serious than the Colts are letting on. He has a Super Bowl and is a lock for the HOF. Hope he doesn't put his future health unnecessarily at risk.

13. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Holy shit! That would be beyond epic for both Luck and the franchise. Imagine Luck sitting for two or three years behind Peyton. Maybe getting a little playing time if PM gets hurt again. Learning the system, how to be a great QB, getting to grow up a bit while the hype train moves on. . . it would be scary.

14. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yes. Collins is experienced, but his best days are far behind. He needs to be put to pasture.

15. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Sounds pretty serious to me, too. I don't think we'll see him on the field this season.

16. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

Lol there is no way the Colts finish the required 3-13 to get Luck. Forget it. Especially if Manning plays the last month or two.

17. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'm so fucking excited. Thank god football is back.

18. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

19. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yep, GB is off to a good start. They're looking good.

20. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

As W once said: Are you ready for some football.