• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was in a South Beach bar, at least 10 deep with Dolphins fans, and threw my arms up and screamed "YES!!!!" when the Browns scored that last second touchdown. So, so sweet.

Roommate - "You're an asshole."
Me - "Yep"

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was in a South Beach bar, at least 10 deep with Dolphins fans, and threw my arms up and screamed "YES!!!!" when the Browns scored that last second touchdown. So, so sweet.

Roommate - "You're an asshole."
Me - "Yep"

I'm not sure I believe this story. I don't find your celebration unbelievable, only your claim of there being 10+ Dolphins' fans in one place.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I'm not sure I believe this story. I don't find your celebration unbelievable, only your claim of there being 10+ Dolphins' fans in one place.

Well, this is the heart of south Florida. You'd be surprised how many of them there are. Its sad, I know.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lions with the comeback win after being down 20-0 after the first half :slayer:

people are more excited for a regular season lions victory than the tigers playing baseball this weekend.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:(
I try, and I try, but when the Vikings 3 weeks in a row have a lead, I think "Maybe they've got it figured out."

Now I know what it's like to have been a Lions fan.

been there, done that.

being outscored 67-6 in the second half of 3 straight games is inexcusable.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are the weird sounds that emanate from Chris Berman's mouth?

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

been there, done that.

being outscored 67-6 in the second half of 3 straight games is inexcusable.

I don't disagree. There are so many things effed up with the Vikings..
1. You have AP. On 4th and 1 you give him the ball only.
2. Donovan McNabb needs to stop sucking. He can't lead receivers for ****. Have him fix it or get him the hell out of the game. If he'd have hit Harvin or Jenkins in stride on a couple of those plays instead of making them spin around and reach for the ball, it was pay dirt.
3. Why is Bernard Berrian playing?
4. Jared Allen straight up nutted on Stafford and the Lions O-line.
5. That "Horsecollar" tackle was bs. I didn't realize horsecollars happened from the front/side.
but most importantly:
6. The game starts with a great offensive attack. WHY DOES THAT CHANGE? :as;dkas;dflk. So many ******* weapons and you stick to predictable "1st and 10, oh look it's AP." I think I saw a total of two or three screens/bootlegs, which is where they excelled in previous games.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^

Don't forget that AP only ran the ball 5 times the entire second half. WTF kind of game plan involves self neutralizing your most potent weapon when you're up 20 to 0 and should be running the ball?

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will also fully admit that Romo is really, really, really good at this play.
footballdoink.gif
I swear, wtf is wrong with the Cowboys snap??? That gif above isn't from tonight, but tonight it has already happened 3 [EDIT: Make that 4...:facepalm:] times! It seems it happens every game...unbelievable.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads