1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by kwilkinson, Aug 15, 2010.

1. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

H8TERS!

It's only game 1. Let's talk in week 9.

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I thought this was supposed to be the "new and improved" Alex Smith...
    This looks like the same crappy Alex Smith we all know and love.

Put in Nate Davis

Fuck me now. Go ahead Slim start picking out my punishment.
    New and improved Alex Smith is the same sad sack of shit that every 9ers fan has been asking why about for years. What is this, year 6? He has never shown a feel for the game, any desire to run although everybody says he has great legs, never shown any command of the game, any feel, or any real skill. Fuck him and fuck sing for his shitty game calls.
    Fuck!

3. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

oh and fuck 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I hope nobody put money on the Niners today. The hype is premature, again.

Well, the division is shit so they stand a good chance at winning it but until they get a proper QB and a proper offensive scheme they won't be getting out of the first round.

5. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

There are some teams I never watch play since I could care less about them, but today I watched the Bucs-Browns game from start to finish. The reasoning: I have setup two 32 inch tv's next to each other so that I can watch 2 games at once and decided on putting the Bucs-Browns game on one tv while I flip around on the other since I am a Bucs fan and have J. Harrison on my fantasy team. I now know why the Browns are such a shitty franchise.

The Bucs suck and I won't deny that as they are a young team a couple years away from hopefully being a contender. But the Browns offensive playcalling was atrocious. Give a 12 year old an xbox controller and Madden and he could have called a better game. For one, Mangini states that it's Harrison's job to lose and he's going to get him a ton of touches. Then they come out with Peyton Fucking Hillis running the ball. Nothing against Hillis, but he's a bruiser an Harrison is way more explosive. Harrison only gets 3 carries at half and 9 for the game? Ridiculous and it wasn't that he was not effective because he was. Hillis also fumbled twice losing one. Delhomme is a shitty QB and it was a close game so why the hell do they end up with 38 passing attempts vs. 23 rushing attempts against a team that had a horrible run defense last year?

Their whole passing game involved Delhomme dopping back and trying to complete 10-15 yard passes with the occasional deep ball. I don't remember the last time I watched a game and didn't see hardly any play action passes, screens, or check down passes at all. Not to mention they didn't run any draws in the running game. Third and long and they have Hillis as their back? It's not like the Bucs front 4 was getting to Delhomme because they really weren't but I guess they felt like they needed to keep their RB in to block. But Harrison is a lot more explosive and could have been used as a check down for Delhomme and in the open field has a lot more potential to make a play than Hilllis does. It just appeared like the Browns ran the most basic pee wee football offense and it was pathetic.

I should be happy my Bucs won, but watching that pathetic display of offensive play calling just made me mad. No wonder Browns fans have had nothing to root for for years.

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

as a long time Lions fan, that shit was heartbreaking. Probably one of the worst calls ever in the NFL. Calvin took 3 steps and his ass hit the ground before the ball even hit the ground, and he clearly had possession using the ball to push himself off the ground. even though they should have won the game, the play calling the entire time was way to conservative, they didn't throw the ball over 10 yards until that last drive. Hopefully Stafford is alright and can come back next week, now excuse me while I go drink my sorrows away.

Yeah I don't get that "process" of a catch shit. If Calvin would have caught it and then held the ball over the line he'd get a TD, but he walks in the fucking endzone and it's not a catch?

7. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Just sad. I don't understand how many times Gore can get stuffed up the gut before they realize they need a more diverse offensive playbook.

Oh and once more for good measure: Fuck Alex Smith he has missed the throw on 3 TDs today.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

thanks fox. how'd you know[​IMG]

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

philly qb controversy?

10. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

philly qb controversy?

The Dolphins started the Wildcat, the Eagles should start something with a 2 QB set. Have Kolb and Vick line up side by side in the shotgun. If ya snap it to Kolb it could be a regular pass play, handoff to Vick, or a pass to Vick running towards the sideline and he could run or pass. If ya snap it to Vick it could be a pass or run. Call it the Freebird.

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

philly qb controversy?

Considering Philly fans are a bunch of fickle retards and they've had a QB controversy for the last several years, most definitely.

12. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I'm getting your new avatar right now NorCal Here ya go: [​IMG] You should wear this until the 49ers win a game.

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I think you'll have a much higher opinion of Alex Smith after the season. He's much better than people give him credit for and IMO he's the best QB in that division.
    Eat your words. I kept thinking they were going to bring in a real QB, or that we were going to knock Smith out and let the 49ers back into the game. I'm pretty sure Pete told his guys to make sure Smith could stay in the game. Don't hit him too hard!

14. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

philly qb controversy?
    you let ron mexico start the rest of the way and maybe enjoy a 8-8 season.

15. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

you let ron mexico start the rest of the way and maybe enjoy a 8-8 season.

I don't think Kolb is any better than Vick.

16. Macallan9

Macallan9 Senior member

I don't think Kolb is any better than Vick.

Vick is fun as fuck to watch, I hope they start him the rest of the way. Kolb blows.

17. MetroStyles

Vick is fun as fuck to watch, I hope they start him the rest of the way. Kolb blows.

Vick actually makes me root for the Eagles offense despite being a Cowboys fan. It is confusing.

18. Nil

Nil Senior member

Vick actually makes me root for the Eagles offense despite being a Cowboys fan. It is confusing.

I believe that's a stoneable offense in Iran.

19. MetroStyles

I believe that's a stoneable offense in Iran.

I know. But I had to get it off my chest.

Anyway, let's go Cowboys!

20. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member