NFL 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by kwilkinson, Aug 15, 2010.

1. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

the man should be out of a job and barred from working in the NFL. Absolutely unacceptable behavior from any team personnel.

He's suspended indefinitely because they found out he was telling players to line up shoulder to shoulder on the sideline. How this guy has not been fired is beyond me.

2. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

A number of years ago, when he was in his 49er heyday, I saw Jeff Garcia at a club in San Francisco. I was shocked by how small he was. He looked athletic, but did not look like an NFL football player. I think he's listed at 6'1" but if that's true then I'm 6'3". (I'm not.) I was definitely bigger than he was - not trying to say I'm all cut up or anything but he almost looked like a guy I could take. If he was 190 lbs. I'd be shocked.

This is in contrast to the time I saw Drew Bledsoe and Rick Mirer boozing it up in the wine country. Those guys looked like football players to me. They were tall as shit.

3. Douglas

He's suspended indefinitely because they found out he was telling players to line up shoulder to shoulder on the sideline. How this guy has not been fired is beyond me.

I think it's more likely that he was only suspended and not fired because higher-ups on the coaching staff were telling them all to line up shoulder to shoulder on the sideline, but they can't let that out, and they can't make it look like they're letting him off the hook. He'll be receiving a lot of cash-filled envelopes this Christmas to help him out with that fine, and probably beyond it.

4. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

The Bears and the Lions can handle the cold.

Or are you referring to the lack of beer taps?

The Lions play indoors. It's colder in Minneapolis than it is in Chicago. Lack of beer at that new stadium is just a fucking stupid decision, not sure who came up with it.

5. intent

intent Senior member

The Lions play indoors. It's colder in Minneapolis than it is in Chicago. Lack of beer at that new stadium is just a fucking stupid decision, not sure who came up with it.
    Come to think of it, I'm not sure even the Vikings can handle the cold.

6. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ...Lack of beer at that new stadium is just a fucking stupid decision, not sure who came up with it.

That would be the Board of Regents of the University of Minnesota...

7. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

That would be the Board of Rejects of the University of Minnesota...

FTFY

8. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

I think it's more likely that he was only suspended and not fired because higher-ups on the coaching staff were telling them all to line up shoulder to shoulder on the sideline, but they can't let that out, and they can't make it look like they're letting him off the hook. He'll be receiving a lot of cash-filled envelopes this Christmas to help him out with that fine, and probably beyond it.

probably came from rex himself (the ultimate defensive coach) jets are looking terrible right now, i think they've been un masked.

9. runner-guy

runner-guy Senior member

probably came from rex himself (the ultimate defensive coach) jets are looking terrible right now, i think they've been un masked.

Yeah I think they are sort of frauds. Even if they make the playoffs they'll get destroyed by the Patriots.

10. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I think he's listed at 6'1" but if that's true then I'm 6'3". (I'm not.)

I thought he was 5'10 or something and that was my read from his CFL days - about a head taller than Doug Flutie.

11. Douglas

I thought he was 5'10 or something and that was my read from his CFL days - about a head taller than Doug Flutie.

Yeah that's about what he appeared to me to be. I'd say 5-10, 180.

Props to him though - he was pretty good until TO called him a "rat.". Ahem.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

TO was just jealous that ratty Jeffy was bangin playmates

13. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG]

14. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Yup. Fucking Niners. Fucking Alex Smith. fucking anyone who ever thinks this guy should start another game.
    Sing was going on about how AS completes more of his passes, but throwing underneath for 3 yards on 3rd and 8 means NOTHING.

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

[​IMG]

Sorry, I was going to caption this photo:

"Mike Singletary explains the metric system and other secrets of the universe to Alex Smith instead of telling him the next play"

But I forgot.