• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so goddamn excited right now. Football season is the best time of the year.

soxpats

Reaction score
Time for Football. I hope Farve gets the crap beat out of him tonight. What a huge Douche Bag he is.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats
Time for Football. I hope Farve gets the crap beat out of him tonight. What a huge Douche Bag he is.

I don't know how anyone can not root for Favre or blame him for the retiring saga after seeing those post-NFC championship pictures tonight. Those bruises look horrendous. **** I woulda retired after one game like that.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a great night, smoke about 3 cigars and the crowd was just awesome.
WHODAT

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Warren G.
What a great night, smoke about 3 cigars and the crowd was just awesome.
WHODAT

Was a great game. Favre played liked ****, which I always find a great joy. But WTF happened to Reggie Bush? Talk about no contribution whatsoever.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aww man if anything, I think Reggie def improve as a player. I'm glad my man PThomas pick it up in the 2nd half. I have him in my fantasy league and he was virtually invisible the first half. Well last year Favre was off to a slow start, and I'm surprised AP didn't get more snaps.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aww man if anything, I think Reggie def improve as a player. I'm glad my man PThomas pick it up in the 2nd half. I have him in my fantasy league and he was virtually invisible the first half. Well last year Favre was off to a slow start, and I'm surprised AP didn't get more snaps.

+1 Reggie isn't running like a ***** anymore but he didn't get too many touches.

It was classic idiot Childress not running AP more second half. He was gouging the **** out of the saints and Childress should have just run him down their throats.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Not sure why, but I imagined this being spoken aloud in a thick cajun accent and it made me smile.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhateverYouLike
+1 Reggie isn't running like a ***** anymore but he didn't get too many touches.

It was classic idiot Childress not running AP more second half. He was gouging the **** out of the saints and Childress should have just run him down their throats.

+!. First half, AP was KILLING it. So many 7 or 8 yard runs. I couldn't believe his end game yardage, b/c I had only seen the part where he was destroying numbers.

soxpats

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can not root for Favre or blame him for the retiring saga after seeing those post-NFC championship pictures tonight. Those bruises look horrendous. **** I woulda retired after one game like that.

Maybe if he played in preseason he could hit his receivers. Also maybe I don't root for Favre because I think he is the biggest Douche Bag in Football. You like him go ahead and root for him. You think he's the only NFL player to get hurt like that?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was disappointed because I was anticipating a blowout and with Brees and Shiancoe on my fantasy team, thought the second half was going to turn wide open. It didn't. I agree that AP should have seen more touches and the Minnesota wideouts look sketchy. Perhaps a Percy Harvin WR screen and a deep ball or two from Favre could have opened up the Saints D some while ramming AP down their throats. Once the Saints keyed in on Shiancoe (to my dismay) their passing game was done. They really miss Rice and if VJax can get his suspension down to 3 games, may be a player the Vikes should go after.

I would have liked to see the Saints go deep more in the second half. With the Vikings shorthanded secondary, I thought Brees could easily exploit them and did the first drive and the TD Meachem dropped. Just thought their play calling was too conservative even though they hardly ran it in the first.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing I didn't like about Favre is that I thought he took too much time after snapping the ball to get the play going. He was so keen on misdirection through fake quick passes (which is fine every once in awhile) that it took him a couple seconds before he'd hand off the ball or start looking downfield for his receivers. the play I remember most was the failed Shiancoe screen which looked to be setup beautifully but Favre had his back turned to the line of scrimmage and by the time he turned around to throw it, it was too late and he had a defender right on him. He's got to know that with screen passes, the line isn't holding the d line for long and the play is hugely contingent on timing.

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favre is and odd duck in regards to his need to trust his WR's and his current difficulty is that Shiancoe is one of the only one's he trusts. Javon Walker was a guy Favre started to trust before Walker left GB and I think Walker is a much different player and person these days. There's no magic formula for how that trust with Favre develops. Favre played with some WR's for years (Bill Schroeder, Robert Ferguson among others) that he never developed that trust with and only targeted when forced to do so.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats
Maybe if he played in preseason he could hit his receivers. Also maybe I don't root for Favre because I think he is the biggest Douche Bag in Football. You like him go ahead and root for him. You think he's the only NFL player to get hurt like that?

Probably the only 40+ QB to get hurt like that in history.

I never really understood how he's a douche. He wasn't sure if he was going to retire or not. Ohhhh no what a monster. I'd rate about a million players higher on the douche scale.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Probably the only 40+ QB to get hurt like that in history.
Just because he was hit late a few times? He had a thigh bruise, a pre-existing sprained ankle that was aggravated during the game, and a cut on his forehead. That's not excessive or unusual. By his own admission, San Fran hurt him worse than the Saints did last year. And even if he DID get beat up, it doesn't excuse him for being a douche. He and T.O. are the only two players in the NFL who literally hold us hostage with their bullshit for six months during every off-season. I'm not saying that it's entirely his/their fault - ESPN and etc have to fill programming hours. But Favre knows what he's doing. Certain players just want the attention. He's one of them. If anything, I give Owens more respect, because at least he's honest about it and not hiding behind some "Aw shucks, I'm just happy driving my tractor" crap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads