1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2010 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by kwilkinson, Aug 15, 2010.

1. kwiteaboy

kwiteaboy Senior member

I am so [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] at the Seahawks trade of Josh Wilson to the Ravens today.

Hall of Fame-caliber trades by the Seahawks front office this offseason. Third round tender for a third-string QB, you say? Why don't we trade second rounders instead? A team comically desperate for CBs? How about you take our second round pick from three years ago, who will start for you Week 1, for a conditional fifth rounder?

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Hall of Fame-caliber trades by the Seahawks front office this offseason. Third round tender for a third-string QB, you say? Why don't we trade second rounders instead? A team comically desperate for CBs? How about you take our second round pick from three years ago, who will start for you Week 1, for a conditional fifth rounder?

Hey, at least we got Leroy Hill to restructure his contract from six million to two million dollars. Even though they are probably doing this so that they can trade him more easily to acquire Vincent Jackson, who we DON'T need.

3. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Hey, at least we got Leroy Hill to restructure his contract from six million to two million dollars. Even though they are probably doing this so that they can trade him more easily to acquire Vincent Jackson, who we DON'T need.

I would pay to have this happen to see practice video of Vincent Jackson running over and through all the SEA tiny CBs everyday.

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

The Jordan Babineaux revolving door.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

is it proper to discuss lines here?

i'm liking SF -3 over seattle this weekend.

indy -2 at houston? head-scratcher to me. seems like a bet that is a no brainer, but the line has moved towards houston.

anyone have opinions on other games.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Wow, how dumb are the Cardinals? Sure, Matt Leinart is a head case, but he's still a whole lot better than the other QBs on the roster. Maybe Arizona is trying to tank the season and get the chance to draft Jake Locker.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Wow, how dumb are the Cardinals? Sure, Matt Leinart is a head case, but he's still a whole lot better than the other QBs on the roster. Maybe Arizona is trying to tank the season and get the chance to draft Jake Locker.

I'm not sure I agree. Leinart has regressed significantly since college and appears to not care or want to fix his mechanics or decision making. I'm not saying that DA is a great QB, but at least he seems to want to play.
    I maintain that Max Hall is the best QB on the roster.

8. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

is it proper to discuss lines here?

i'm liking SF -3 over seattle this weekend.

indy -2 at houston? head-scratcher to me. seems like a bet that is a no brainer, but the line has moved towards houston.

anyone have opinions on other games.

There are a quite a few head-scratcher lines on opening week (those two you mentioned above stood out to me as well), maybe Vegas is still in pre-season mode as well?
    Why are the Bears favoured by nearly a td against Detroit? Don't get that line at all.

9. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I maintain that Max Hall is the best QB on the roster.

He lost against FSU. Therefore he is garbage. [​IMG]

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

He lost against FSU. Therefore he is garbage. [​IMG]

Your mom lost to FSU.

11. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'm so goddamn excited right now. Football season is the best time of the year.

12. soxpats

soxpats Senior member

Time for Football. I hope Farve gets the crap beat out of him tonight. What a huge Douche Bag he is.

13. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Time for Football. I hope Farve gets the crap beat out of him tonight. What a huge Douche Bag he is.

I don't know how anyone can not root for Favre or blame him for the retiring saga after seeing those post-NFC championship pictures tonight. Those bruises look horrendous. Fuck I woulda retired after one game like that.

14. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

What a great night, smoke about 3 cigars and the crowd was just awesome.
    WHODAT

15. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

What a great night, smoke about 3 cigars and the crowd was just awesome.
    WHODAT

Was a great game. Favre played liked shit, which I always find a great joy. But WTF happened to Reggie Bush? Talk about no contribution whatsoever.

16. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Aww man if anything, I think Reggie def improve as a player. I'm glad my man PThomas pick it up in the 2nd half. I have him in my fantasy league and he was virtually invisible the first half. Well last year Favre was off to a slow start, and I'm surprised AP didn't get more snaps.

17. WhateverYouLike

WhateverYouLike Senior member

Aww man if anything, I think Reggie def improve as a player. I'm glad my man PThomas pick it up in the 2nd half. I have him in my fantasy league and he was virtually invisible the first half. Well last year Favre was off to a slow start, and I'm surprised AP didn't get more snaps.

+1 Reggie isn't running like a bitch anymore but he didn't get too many touches.

It was classic idiot Childress not running AP more second half. He was gouging the fuck out of the saints and Childress should have just run him down their throats.

18. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Not sure why, but I imagined this being spoken aloud in a thick cajun accent and it made me smile.

19. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

+1 Reggie isn't running like a bitch anymore but he didn't get too many touches.

It was classic idiot Childress not running AP more second half. He was gouging the fuck out of the saints and Childress should have just run him down their throats.

+!. First half, AP was KILLING it. So many 7 or 8 yard runs. I couldn't believe his end game yardage, b/c I had only seen the part where he was destroying numbers.

20. soxpats

soxpats Senior member

I don't know how anyone can not root for Favre or blame him for the retiring saga after seeing those post-NFC championship pictures tonight. Those bruises look horrendous. Fuck I woulda retired after one game like that.

Maybe if he played in preseason he could hit his receivers. Also maybe I don't root for Favre because I think he is the biggest Douche Bag in Football. You like him go ahead and root for him. You think he's the only NFL player to get hurt like that?