1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NFL 2009 Discussion

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by MetroStyles, Sep 8, 2009.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and some awesome white running backs.

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

We can all agree there are many excellent black quarterbacks.

There are some damn good black running backs who for some reason play the quarterback position.

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^yeah, i am not saying that blacks can not be good qbs which is fucked up. i am just saying there aren;t any now.

4. dcg

dcg Senior member

I am more concerned about the Eagles having a head coach AND a Defensive Coordinator who are both gingers. I wonder if any team has ever won the Super Bowl with that combination. I think not.

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Giants look like absolute shit in pre-season. Really not happy.

6. BDC2823

BDC2823 Senior member

As a fan without a home team (How can LA really not have a football team?), I have been a Bucs fan for years since Warrick Dunn came out of FSU. I do not feel this is going to be a good year, and do not understand why a) how many years does/will it take to find a decent qb, and b) this 2-2-1 RB crap with Cadillac as the #1. I've always liked Cadillac when he's been on the field, but why throw Ward so much cash if he's you're supposed number 2 in a 3 back timeshare?

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

The Seahawks are either going to go 6-10 or 10-6. I haven't really figured it out yet.

8. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

I have to say how impressed i am by belicheck's ruthlessness in getting his defense younger. The whole old core of that defense is gone:

Bruschi - retired
    Vrabel - traded
    Seymour - traded

Will be interesting to see how it works out, but it's a huge turnover of guys who were once instrumental to their championships and are all definitely past their primes. Will be interesting to see if the new young guys have the leadership skills. After I heard about the seymour trade, I assumed it was to clear the decks and see if one of the young guys would emerge.

Thinking big thoughts for my packers and can't wait for Sunday night.

9. phreak

phreak Senior member

^^^give belicheck 2 years and he will have the lions in the SB, the pats will be fine.

colts back in the SB against the Pack/iggles

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

I'm pumped on how the Packers looked preseason. The offense has looked damn good with Rodgers putting in impressive performances in every game. I was a bit concerned about the switch to the 3-4 on defense, but so far it looks like it's working well. I'm expecting a solid showing in the playoffs though I doubt they'll go all the way.

11. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

I'm not gonna hype the Skins up this year. We're pretty much going to be in shambles. And if we do 8-8 or better this year, I'll be ecstatic.

12. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

Where's the Bears love coming from? They have no legit receiving threat outside their TE and their secondary is very suspect...

13. phreak

phreak Senior member

a QB who doesnt lose the game for you is a very valuable asset, and a welcome upgrade

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    People around here are talking Vikings in the SuperBowl.

I am not kidding. I don't think they are, either.

15. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

People around here are talking Vikings in the SuperBowl.

I am not kidding. I don't think they are, either.

This is probably their best chance since 98. I still don't know how they blew it that year.

16. Macallan9

Macallan9 Senior member

Where's the Bears love coming from? They have no legit receiving threat outside their TE and their secondary is very suspect...

Cutler is nasty. Honestly I think he'll end up being one of the best qbs in the league. The QB makes the receiving threats....just look at Brady and all his championships. His best wideout was Deion Branch...

17. cheessus

cheessus Senior member

ah muh gahd, football officially starts today~! i'm skipping my last class of the day to watch a game i couldn't give two shits about.

18. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    This is probably their best chance since 98. I still don't know how they blew it that year.

It's the fucking Vikings; they've been breaking hearts annually since 1961.

I seriously do not understand how these idiots I live among continue to be fans.

19. embowafa

embowafa Senior member

You live in NY but are a Cowboys fan? Sounds pretty suspect.

Go Eagles![​IMG]

I became interested in football around 1991, when I was 7. What can I say, I was a front-running little bastard. I can proudly say I stuck with the 'Boys through the last two decades of pathetic results, including what is it, thirteen years without a playoff victory? So in that sense I've earned my fan stripes (stars?).

Well, at least you admit it. Still, as a personal rule I cannot respect someone who has a perfectly good local team and chooses to root for another ("perfectly good" being a bit of a misnomer in this case, of course, as we are talking about the Giants.)

Rules for being a true fan...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/020227

According to Mr. Simmons, mstyles = not a true fan per rule 18.

20. dcg

dcg Senior member

Those rules are pretty good. There's a potential issue in that he doesn't define "formative years" or what happens if you move during those years.

On a related note, as it pertains to #6, I am thankful every day that I decided to buy the Victorino jersey over the Lidge jersey.