Nexus One

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, Dec 26, 2009.

1. DNW

DNW Senior member

Damn, even the iPhone only costs $360 more a year for the data plan.
    It's misinformation. Vz charges $30/mo for the data plan, just like everybody else. BTW, pricing leaked earlier today via Gizdomo. It's $530 for a straight phone, or $180 subsidized by TMo (with a 2 year contract, obviously).

2. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

Been using my 3gs on tmobile for a little while. Definitely will be selling it if the rumored specs are true. It's just an all around better phone than the iphone

3. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...ck-out-on-att/

Unconfirmed tip on BGR about AT&T 3G. Would make sense for GOOG to do this IMO otherwise, as I've said in this thread, why even bother with an unlocked version. Other than TS being a special flower I mean.

I am the most special flower. I bend Google to my will!!!

5. javyn

javyn Senior member

It's misinformation. Vz charges $30/mo for the data plan, just like everybody else.

T-Mobile charges $30. Should I have opted for the Droid, I'd have had to pay $45.99 to Vz.

$550 a year for a data plan? No thanks. Not when my home DSL is half that.

6. Chaos P. Bennu

Chaos P. Bennu Senior member

seems to have some nice features ... not sure if its enough for me to switch .. :/

7. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

I bought one

kthxbye.

8. laughter95

laughter95 Senior member

9. Jumbie

Jumbie Senior member

I bought one

kthxbye.

Let us know how you like it.

Between this and the HD2 reportedly also going to T-Mobile I might have to switch carriers.

I currently get 24% off my bill with AT&T. I should see if T-Mobile offers a similar (or better [​IMG] ) discount.

10. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Senior member

I was wanting one but my TMobile account isn't up for renewal anytime soon. And there is no way in the world I'm spending $500 on a phone. For such hoopla around the release I was expecting something more novel. The only real novel idea out of this whole release is that the phone is sold independent of a wireless provider - at an over-inflated price at that. Big whoop!
    I figure I'll root my G1 for now. By the time I fuck it up I'll be eligible for the next Android-based phone that'll overtake the Nexus One.

Looking at other things coming out at CES 2010... I'd much rather have a super-slim laptop/smartbook for $200 a la the one Marvell designed for use with their Armada 510 processor. That it was designed without Windows/Mac OS intended is an even bigger plus.

11. dcg

dcg Senior member

I want this, and would potentially buy an unlocked version but I know those bitches at Sprint aren't going to let me activate it on my SERO plan. [​IMG]

12. DNW

DNW Senior member

T-Mobile charges $30. Should I have opted for the Droid, I'd have had to pay $45.99 to Vz. $550 a year for a data plan? No thanks. Not when my home DSL is half that.
    Do you live in the middle of bumfuck America that they have to charge you a $15.99/mo premium? I and everyone I know pay $30/mo for unlimited data for the Droid.

13. javyn

javyn Senior member

Do you live in the middle of bumfuck America that they have to charge you a $15.99/mo premium? I and everyone I know pay $30/mo for unlimited data for the Droid.

I live in Houston, TX and according to their website the data plan on the Droid (or any smart phone) was going to run me $45.99 per month, and that doesn't even include texting.

Went for the LG enV Touch with unlimited data and texts, and am quite happy w/ it. The only major gripe I have with it so far is that it doesn't natively sync address/calendar with MS Outlook, but there is a workaround that works kinda halfassed. So at least I didn't have to type in 400 contacts into the phone. It was still incapable of syncing the addresses though, just numbers and emails. *shrug.

Anyway, I'm very excited about Android OS but have no problem waiting to see what's available in 2 years. So far it seems all I am missing out on is having to go home to upload my pics from the parties I go to onto Facebook, as opposed to all my friends being able to upload them directly from their phones.

In 2 years I'm assuming phone and data prices will be down (hopefully), and there should be a nice repository of apps by then.

14. DNW

DNW Senior member

I live in Houston, TX and according to their website the data plan on the Droid (or any smart phone) was going to run me $45.99 per month, and that doesn't even include texting.

Went for the LG enV Touch with unlimited data and texts, and am quite happy w/ it. The only major gripe I have with it so far is that it doesn't natively sync address/calendar with MS Outlook, but there is a workaround that works kinda halfassed. So at least I didn't have to type in 400 contacts into the phone. It was still incapable of syncing the addresses though, just numbers and emails. *shrug.

Anyway, I'm very excited about Android OS but have no problem waiting to see what's available in 2 years. So far it seems all I am missing out on is having to go home to upload my pics from the parties I go to onto Facebook, as opposed to all my friends being able to upload them directly from their phones.

In 2 years I'm assuming phone and data prices will be down (hopefully), and there should be a nice repository of apps by then.

Dude, what are you smoking? I just configured a Vz wireless plan for the Droid via verizonwireless.com using the Houston 77007 zip code. The email and web for smartphones plan is only $29.99.

15. javyn

javyn Senior member

Dude, what are you smoking? I just configured a Vz wireless plan for the Droid via verizonwireless.com using the Houston 77007 zip code. The email and web for smartphones plan is only $29.99.

Smoking nothing and I was quoted $45.99 for 77081.