1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus One

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, Dec 26, 2009.

1. as_

as_ Senior member

I purchased an N1 about a month ago, and recently updated to Froyo. The difference in speed is astonishing, comparable to the upgrade between the iPhone 3G and 3GS. And that's saying something. All the lag that was present on the phone before is completely gone. I'm especially loving the (free) tethering and portable hotspot feature. The net in my house has been down for a few days now, but I'm able to continue doing my work (and surfing these forums) via AT&T's 3G network. Kickass.

2. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yup been a huge fan of the Nexus 1 since it's release. Froyo is godlike on the phone. I'm not sure what I will upgrade it with if Google never releases a successor. While there will be phones with better hardware and better specs and features... what I really really love about the nexus 1 is how durable the thing is. It's survived multiple drops on concrete and other hard services from a height of 5-6 feet without missing a beat and in the worst case a small ding on the case. I've never had to put the thing in any sort of protection or screen protector.

Coming from an iphone 3g and having played with all sorts of other android smart phones and the iphone 4... I don't think anything has come close to the durability of the nexus 1.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Just got another OTA update and now I'm running Android 2.2.1 I have no idea what it did. Nobody online seems to know either. Ran Quadrant, no appreciable speed increase from 2.2. I guess expecting 300% speed boosts with every update isn't realistic. [​IMG] Maybe just patching stuff?

4. BryanHarig

BryanHarig Well-Known Member

yeah, just minor bug fixes in 2.2.1.

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Is it just me or does scrolling seem smoother and maybe slightly more accurate?