• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nexus 4

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have one? They sold out in 15 minutes a few weeks ago; the hype-train is strong on this one.

The Nexus 4 is the phone in Google's Nexus line of products along with the 7 and 10 tablets. Its sold unlocked at a pretty attractive price - $299 for the 8gb model.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No LTE and lack of expandable memory was a dealbreaker for me, which is disappointing as I thought it would be a good smaller phone to replace my phablet for skinny-jeans use.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't care about the lack of expandable memory, but no LTE is a big deal. Considering it because stock Android is so nice, but probably won't pull the trigger. Still the only Android handset I would recommend someone buy.

Last edited:

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the price, its awesome - no LTE is a bit of a downer, but at $300 for a phone with specs of that nature sans contract there have to be some tradeoffs.

Pretty bummed - I was all ready to grab one when the re-stock hit but its USA only; no love for the Canadians yet. Hopefully it drops before Christmas.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been checking http://whohas.it/g/247 for updates to no avail. Anyone want to proxy? I will compensate you for the hassle :)

The Canadian site keeps saying "error - refresh me." Thanks for the link though, I'll keep up on it.

Play store is currently getting crushed right now.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incredible - sold out in 13 minutes.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jesus ******* christ, how can google be this ****** at the internet?

Seriously. I wasn't in on the hype when the first launch came around, but it sounded like more of the same. Even the people who managed to grind through the Play store and were able to purchase the phone now have to wait 4-5 weeks for the phone to ship.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds like some straight up bullshit. It's amazing how much Google can get right and then how catastrophically bad they ******** up some seemingly rather simple things. Why not have people reserve units so they can gauge interest and then have proper supply available? Why not have servers that can handle the load of people wanting to buy an in demand product? **** show indeed.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That sounds like some straight up bullshit. It's amazing how much Google can get right and then how catastrophically bad they ******** up some seemingly rather simple things. Why not have people reserve units so they can gauge interest and then have proper supply available? Why not have servers that can handle the load of people wanting to buy an in demand product? **** show indeed.

the thing was, they never actually got the units back in stock. even being able to order it you still had to wait anywhere from 1-6 weeks.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I managed to place an order for 2 x 16GB earlier today (I think, approximately 5 hours after the advertised 12 noon PST restock time). This is after trying for a couple of minutes at noon on the dot, and giving up out of frustration :fu:

It showed as being 2-3 weeks to shipping. The 8GB models were at 7 to 8 weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads