• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next week’s Challenge is up:

Best Non Navy Blue Ensemble?

• Murlsquirl

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • EliodA

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Monkeyface

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Anden

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Coxsackie

• upr_crust

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • 3piecesuitguy

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Gerry Nelson

• timotune

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • CousinDonuts

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • in stitches

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • StanleyVanBuren

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • TTO

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Pliny

• An Acute Style

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Butler

Votes: 32 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realise now that the slightest of square toes will meet with opposition. Tongue firmly planted in cheek with my comebacks!

I don't want to harp on this one, but just so it's quite clear, it's not just the squarish toe, it's the whole bicycle toe thing* - and to be honest, the fact that the quality of the shoes does not look to be very high.

*See this thread from several years ago, which pretty much sums it up: http://www.styleforum.net/t/37568/time-to-bury-bicycle-toe-shoes

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BOO!

Hi folks, some Friday Blues for Butlers challenge!
Vintage bespoke suit, MtM shirt from Hemrajani, awesome cashmere tie from Ed at Panta, Loake Lincolns and some Timothy Everest socks.
-TTO

Last edited:

3piecesuitguy

Reaction score
I'm ok if you don't like them FlyingMonkey. They're not cheap in Australia though. Lloyd's aren't the best brand but they're not sold at Payless shoes. I can't really afford Allen Edmonds or Churches at this point in time so I buy the best I can. In Australia the prices for these brands are outrageous.

As I say we all have our own style and like what we like. I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Peter.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Theo's back, and I think he means bidness.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ok if you don't like them FlyingMonkey. They're not cheap in Australia though. Lloyd's aren't the best brand but they're not sold at Payless shoes. I can't really afford Allen Edmonds or Churches at this point in time so I buy the best I can. In Australia the prices for these brands are outrageous.

As I say we all have our own style and like what we like. I appreciate your feedback.

Cheers,

Peter.

Hey Peter, FWIW, I should say Lloyd's is probably the same or more expensive than Allen Edmonds (which is going to be brought in by Beggar Man Thief in Melbourne). You could look at the Loake 1880 collection for some classic English shoes.

If you would like, post on the Aussie Members thread and someone in NSW could help.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in
(edit: color balance)

Last edited:

3piecesuitguy

Reaction score

Hey Peter, FWIW, I should say Lloyd's is probably the same or more expensive than Allen Edmonds (which is going to be brought in by Beggar Man Thief in Melbourne). You could look at the Loake 1880 collection for some classic English shoes.

If you would like, post on the Aussie Members thread and someone in NSW could help.

Hi Gerry,

Thanks! I'll post on Aussie members thread just to say hello. Not in the market for some new shoes at the moment, but will find out what's available when I am by asking you guys.

Cheers,

Peter

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you promise to wear it for at least 1 hour, I will accept it
bigstar[1].gif
it is now time for an installment of coolstorybro.jpeg. brought to you by a very bored at work in stitches.

my boss texts me last night that i need to meet him at 9 this morning to help him move some jewelry cases for an off site show, and that i should wear crappy clothing because we will be trotting through mud and snow.

ok, no probs. but i want to wear a nice rig for the MC friday challenge.

so i get up early and put on my rig. then i ask my wife to take some pics for me before she drives carpool. note that she is in a mad rush.

she gets my son in the car and takes a ton of pics for me while holding his knapsack and her purse. (not the way she should take pics, but i zip my lips). pics are done, she leaves, and i am home with the little one while she drives carpool.

now i go back inside and change into some beater stuff (my beater clothing consists of AS suede bucks, LMC drill chinos and an SNS stark) and hang with the baby.

about 30 minutes later the wife gets home from carpool and sees that i have changed all my clothes since she left. naturally she says, "WTF WHY DID I JUST TAKE ALL THOSE PICTURES FOR YOU AND YOU ONLY WORE YOUR CLOTHING FOR ALL OF TEN MINUTES!!!???!?!?!?!?!!"

i muttered some **** about how i needed to change, gave her a quick kiss and bounced.

#datstyfolief

i am also riding a huge sugar high from a king size reeses bar and a red bull.

nest.gif

Last edited:

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Why did you do that?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers cotton slate blue 3/2 roll sack jacket. I imagine this jacket may have been navy at some point in its life. The pocket square is red seersucker. It was 50 degrees today in NYC. I got excited.

For comparison. Top is a navy cotton. Bottom is what I'm wearing.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads