• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next week’s Challenge is up:

Best Non Navy Blue Ensemble?

• Murlsquirl

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • EliodA

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • GMMcL

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Monkeyface

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Anden

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Coxsackie

• upr_crust

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • 3piecesuitguy

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Gerry Nelson

• timotune

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • CousinDonuts

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • in stitches

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • StanleyVanBuren

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Thin White Duke

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • TTO

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Pliny

• An Acute Style

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Butler

Votes: 32 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, what's wrong with the shoes??

Note the 4th guy from the left.

Last edited:

3piecesuitguy

Reaction score
Ok. So it's a personal taste thing. I'm ok with that. They could be viewed as square toes but only just. I'd stick a guy in between 4 and 5 and that's where they are.

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last is not the worst thing about those shoes. The bicycle toe is. That's saying something, because that is the platonic ideal of the bad square toe.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Come come now. Let's not get carried away:

3piecesuitguy

Reaction score
Yes Sugarbutch that's a square toe to me. Mine are a slight square toe. I think some of you may need to check how clean your screens are!!! Or maybe your glasses need some attention

Last edited:

3piecesuitguy

Reaction score
I don't see your entries CousinDonuts or YRR92. Come on - show me how its done.....

(queue sound of gauntlet being thrown down)

Platonic ideal of a bad square toe shoe..... that's funny! Not quite sure what it means but its funny! :D

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
3piece, although the width of the toe isn't as egregious as those I posted, I think you'll find nearly universal condemnation of them round these parts. You are free to like what you like, but you should know that you will almost certainly need a thick skin if you continue to post those on StyFo. :)

Last edited:

3piecesuitguy

Reaction score

Found a better spot for fit pics (first photo). SC - Caruso Tie - Portia Shirt - The Shirt Factory Square - Amanda Christensen Trousers - Oscar Jacobson Socs - Wolsey Shoes - Alden #8
LL
I really like that Sports Coat! The whole outfit is wonderful!

3piecesuitguy

Reaction score
Thanks SugarButch. I do have a thick skin. Each to their own. I wouldn't normally wear them with a suit but I was trying to step it up a bit from a more pedestrian pair! Wrong move hey!!!!

I realise people will be critical, and that's ok. I do respect that we all have a right to our opinions. When CousinDonut initially said I was disqualified I thought I'd gotten something completely wrong with the "no ventilated shoes" rule. I realise now that the slightest of square toes will meet with opposition. Tongue firmly planted in cheek with my comebacks!

My style is classic on the conservative side, but I'm trying to add some flair in the shoe department rather than wearing black all the time. They're the squarest toes I have and I usually wear them with denim and a sports coat.

Thanks for weighing in on the whole ermmaagerd square toes debate :D

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have been meaning to say for weeks that you have some great suits. I especially like your 3 piece ensembles!

Thank you. It will still be three-piece season in NYC for a while - I'll have to drag the rest of them out of hibernation . . . .

J011yroger

Reaction score
Semi-relatedly, what is the SF consensus on chisel toe? Burn them?

J

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads