• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next suit?

mdg137

Reaction score
Looking for some input-- I started about a year ago to completely revamp my wardrobe-- managed to do so really on the cheap. (Thanks SF and ebay)

I wear a suit 3 times per week on average, sometimes 5 times if I have to be in court everyday. I am in Michigan, so there are pretty substantial seasonal fluctuations.

So far, Ive cobbled together:

1. Dege Navy with subtle lighter blue windowpane single breasted two button.
2. RLPL Gray pinstripe 2 button single breasted
3. RLPL Blue pinstripe 2 button single breasted
4. Canali Navy DB
5. Canali Navy tone on tone 2 button single breasted
6. Gieves and Hawkes tan/celery colored tone on tone windowpane 1/2 lined two button SB
7. BB 1818 Madison glen plaid with tan overtone 3 button single breasted 3 piece
8. MTM navy 3 button single breasted 3 piece
9. HSM B/W houndstooth 2 button single breasted 3 piece (fairly heavy)
10. MTM Charcoal DB

Obviously, the quality varies a bit, but theyre pretty solid, or at least solid enough for me.
Amazingly enough, the total price (before tailoring) for these acquired over the last year, has been 2867.00 (I never paused to add it up before)

Im thinking about adding one more to the rotation, looking for the maximum versatility, but still with a bit of flair--what would you suggest?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads