• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next Shoe Damage Scafora or Santoni ?

vogda

Reaction score
After a JL's Oxford C&J and Alden Derby my shoe damage is now dedicated to an Italian Norwegian welted to add at my rotation
I like the style of Santoni Fritz and Scafora
I will go tomorrow to Naples shops and check I'm more oriented on The Scafora
I'm here to ask your opinions on those shoes and which is the proper color (I like exactly the color in the pics)
Thanx

SCAFORA

Santoni

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i think either choice you cannot go wrong. you will not be disappointed although i dont have any first hand experience with scafora only what i have come across here in literature.

from what i see, they both seem to go off on the same philosophies of decadent, highly ornate, substantial footwear that does not hide itself in within your attire.

shoefan

Reaction score
All things being equal, I think I'd try Scafora, since it is much smaller and seems more artisanal.

However, of the two shoes you actually show, I like the Santoni better. Based on the pictures, the Scafora has the apron skin stitched from underneath, so the seam only shows the 'shadows' of the stitching, unlike the raised seam of the Santoni. While I like a blind skin stitch on the toe of a shoe, I find the blind skin stitching around the apron to be less appealing than a normal raised seam. I'm also not certain I like the toe shape of that Scafora last. And, finally, I like the uninterrupted side/quarter of the Santoni; the Scafora has a normal blucher construction (separate quarters and vamps) which I think looks much less interesting than the chasse-style Santoni.

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Paolo Scafora by far....

I mean, you aren't just going to get a better shoe than them, but perhaps Silvano Lattanzi or Peron & Peron.

But I do love Santoni FAM and the Limted Editions. I really like that Santoni you posted.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chris "Italia"
Paolo Scafora by far....

I mean, you aren't just going to get a better shoe than them, but perhaps Silvano Lattanzi or Peron & Peron.

But I do love Santoni FAM and the Limted Edtions... I really like that Santoni you showed.

Juan and Eva made shoes?
Somewhat more seriously, did you drop a verb somewhere? Or are my reading skills just worse than usual today?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Scafora make a "better" shoe than Santoni. I find Santoni's stlying and colors to be too much for my more simple tastes, but Scafora does some out there shoes as well.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Undoubtedly, get the Scafora and while you are there, see if they any in a EU 43 and get one for me
smile.gif

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too vote for the Scafora. I like the understatement of the blind stitches and the elegant chisel toe last. The antiqueing seems to be a bit richer too.

I don't own any Santoni and maybe never will because I find them too pointy and the one in the above picture is no exception. Add the more ostentatious stitching and you have me running a mile.

vogda

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Undoubtedly, get the Scafora and while you are there, see if they any in a EU 43 and get one for me
smile.gif

In some way I prefer that Scafora better I leave an hour from Naples and have this Great artisan of shoemaker so close and he is neapolitan so ..
BTW what colour you think is the Scafora ?I also like the loafer and the wholecut below
Which Scafora model you will buy between the whole collection?

BTW I will try lots of shoes

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vogda
In some way I prefer that Scafora better I leave an hour from Naples and have this Great artisan of shoemaker so close and he is neapolitan so ..
BTW what colour you think is the Scafora ?I also like the loafer and the wholecut below
Which Scafora model you will buy between the whole collection?

BTW I will try lots of shoes

Can't see the pics

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone know when Scafora comes next to NYC?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads