• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next Ralph Lauren Sale. Much sooner than we think?

HighSociety

Reaction score
I'm talking about their next 30% off of everything sale, also known as the "Friends & Family"

I was at the mansion becuase I needed a new dress shirt so I asked a SA if he knew of any new sales coming soon. He said theres going to be a 30% off sale coming in the next 2-3 weeks.

They might be trying to launch it around Valentines day.
inlove.gif

Material Boy

Reaction score
Fall and Winter items are currently 72% off at all the RL stores. That is 60% hard mark down plus another 30% (i.e. 0.4*0.7 = 0.28). Much better than what they are offerring you online at polo.com.

I assume the Fall/Winter sale will be done by the time the F&F rolls around. What you left with are full priced merchantise from Spring 09. Unless you are buying BSRs (itmes don't go on sale in RL world), you are much better off waiting until middle of May for the 40% + 15% off sale.

David Lauren learned his marketing tricks from Duke, I just hope forum members here can see them thru and not fall for that kind of "scheme":1) Don't ever buy from polo.com, even if you live in middle of nowhere. 2) Don't jump on F&F , 30% is not that big of saving if waiting another two months means 50% off

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HighSociety
But some items never get put on sale, like underwear.

Not true at all! Underwear does go on sale, you just missed the semi-annual underwear sale at Macys.

I have seen fashion underwear at deep discount (~80% off).

Toorman

Reaction score
As stated above wait till May for 40 + 15 or wait until shortly after that for what I predict will be the return of 72% off.

MustangQB11

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see whether or not RL merchandise will in fact make it to 28% of retail this summer. Post-Christmas '07 season saw 28% of retail as did the post-Christmas '08 season. Last summer, after all price cuts and promotions, the final prices hovered much closer to 32%-34% of retail. The initial cuts were not as deep, and the final promotion was take an additional 25% off, rather than take an additional 30% off. I do not believe it's guaranteed that we'll see 28% of retail this summer, no matter the economy. Also of note, RL had to raise prices again on most imported merchandise because the buying took place late last summer, in the midst of a weaker dollar and high fuel prices.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is any coupon need to get the additional 30% off the current 60%?

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Is any coupon need to get the additional 30% off the current 60%?

No, its just tagged on to any and all sale merchandise, no coupon required in store.

trajan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Material Boy
I assume the Fall/Winter sale will be done by the time the F&F rolls around. What you left with are full priced merchantise from Spring 09. Unless you are buying BSRs (itmes don't go on sale in RL world), you are much better off waiting until middle of May for the 40% + 15% off sale.

BSRs?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I may need to plan a quick road trip to Chicago for the holiday weekend.

Material Boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trajan
BSRs?

BSR = Basic Stock Replenishment

These items will never go on sale (well almost never), making them the only things worth buying during a F&F event.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads