• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

news/ advance images from Sherwood's upcoming book?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning from northern VA!

Wondered if anyone had some preview-images, or news on Sherwood's book coming out next month? This looks like the coffee table book I've been waiting for, I think I've worn out my flussers
laugh.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

any news/ pictures/ info on chapters, etc. appreciated!

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, but I will subscribe to this thread just so that I can find this book hits the shelves.

I need to pick up that trad book I've heard about too, come to think of it.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
You can pre-order Sherwood's new book on Amazon.

- B

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, but october 26 is too long to wait! surely there are forumites with some connections to get some sneak peaks at what the book will look like/ pix/ chapters?

Originally Posted by voxsartoria

- B

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pre-ordered mine. Did anyone read his last one the London Cut, and was it any good?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
Just pre-ordered mine. Did anyone read his last one the London Cut, and was it any good?

He basically wrote some ad copy for all the London tailors. Not much in the way of interesting information or critical analysis.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
He basically wrote some ad copy for all the London tailors. Not much in the way of interesting information or critical analysis.

Ah ok thanks. I hope he will feature the less known shops like the ones from Cumbria with shop fronts on the row, along side the A&S, Huntsman, henry poole etc. The BBC documentary didnt even touch on them. Thank god for the Tailor made in Cumbria video of Mahon.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jeff13007
Ah ok thanks. I hope he will feature the less known shops like the ones from Cumbria with shop fronts on the row, along side the A&S, Huntsman, henry poole etc. The BBC documentary didnt even touch on them. Thank god for the Tailor made in Cumbria video of Mahon.

You are either drunk or funny...not that the two are mutually exclusive.

- B

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both. Nah jk. Its only 3pm here, a bit early for that dont you think.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw Vox, do you know if Steed is still taking new clients?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shame we're not anticipating the release of a new, glossy photo heavy, manton book. Would much prefer that on the coffee table! Come to think of it, just as soon as I win the lottery ill commission one....

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

- B

Done. As well as the Ivy League book.

I feel more WASPy already.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
yeah, but october 26 is too long to wait! surely there are forumites with some connections to get some sneak peaks at what the book will look like/ pix/ chapters?
This post reminds me of the scene from The Devil Wears Prada where Miranda tells "Emily" that she must get the kids an advance copy of the unpublished Harry Potter book.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads