• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newly acquired Alfred Sargent Hand-grade Pendle (thanks to Richard), and Stefano&Mario

karl5914

Reaction score
Just received the AS hand-grade Pendle in antique oak from shoehealer. It fits like gloves and Richard's service is truely legendary.

I also noticed there was not a lot of discussions about those Stefano&Mario shoes, they are very stylish, and fits quit well (at least for me). Any thoughts on them?

karl5914

Reaction score
btw, anyone know anything about the quality of those stefano shoes, and where you can buy them online

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received the AS hand-grade Pendle in antique oak from shoehealer. It fits like gloves and Richard's service is truely legendary.

I also noticed there was not a lot of discussions about those Stefano&Mario shoes, they are very stylish, and fits quit well (at least for me). Any thoughts on them?

AS shoes look good. Review the pictures of the Stefano shoes you posted - it should explain why there isnt much discussion about them.:devil:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
S shoes are in classical good taste.
The Stefanos should be burned.

karl5914

Reaction score
is it the styling you guys are so attested to? Following this logic, I'd guess there won't be many fans of berluti either (not saying that I am one). apart from that, what do you guys think of the craftsmanship?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what does that mean

I don't know what it means, but I will say that if you like the leather quality, like the styling, like the design, detailing and finish, tell us about it. We may learn something.

Most of us here, I'm definitely including myself, have not yet learned to develop opinions independent of popularly held beliefs of a few forum experts ( who are often correct, BTW, to make it more confusing), so do not be put off. Speak up.

Last edited:

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Stefano & Mario" is the upper tier of "Stemar" shoes.

They are overstyled usually (heavy burnishing and colourful leathers). They also make with some exotic (croc / ostrich). Most of the shoes are way out there but a couple of their more sober designs are very nice.

Good quality leather and decent craftsmanship from what I can remember (I've only owned the one pair).

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

"Stefano & Mario" is the upper tier of "Stemar" shoes.
They are overstyled usually (heavy burnishing and colourful leathers). They also make with some exotic (croc / ostrich). Most of the shoes are way out there but a couple of their more sober designs are very nice.
Good quality leather and decent craftsmanship from what I can remember (I've only owned the one pair).

do you actually know how they compare with bontoni, which seem to have a similar strategy?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you actually know how they compare with bontoni, which seem to have a similar strategy?

I've never thought about it but you're probably on the money. I've never handled a Bontoni but there are definitely some stylistic similarities from the images I've seen.

karl5914

Reaction score
I am a very much beginner on the shoes, have not paid much attention to it until recently, and the only comparison I can make is between those two shoes. I have to say AS fits very better with the arch support, and the S&M shoes are very showy. Though the leather of AS is very stiff, probably will last longer, the S&M shoes are using much softer calf skin, and I think the punched hole of the toe cap is a very nice touch.

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Stefano more (except maybe for the color), the AS last remind me of the GG06 last

karl5914

Reaction score
The first to like the stephano, the collor is really darker in real

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads