1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Newc's Bespoke Adventure.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Newcomer, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words.

I am in full support of this movement! It has been a logistical issue for me, and I have absolutely no regrets, whatsoever.

Thanks a lot--and no time like the present :). And I am always happy to share a passion with e-friends!

Thanks bud, much appreciate the kind words.

I would say he is middle aged. I expect him to be my tailor for a very long time.

And re: the length, we discuss it yesterday, and I really like the length as is. It is certainly longer than what is out there now-a-days. But I prefer a more classic length, and it helps to obscure my hips, which are rather large. For me, a shorter jacket that ends around my hips really does me no good.

If I could answer--the distinctiveness you are seeing is likely due to the jacket being pinned. If you look closely, you will see that the whole jacket in the back is pinned, we are removing a fairly decent amount of material! The i-phone camera is not the best sometimes :).

Thanks Derek. As it stands, there is very little, if any padding in the jacket. It is very, very soft (easily the softest jacket I own). I do not think the drop is as dramatic in real life ha. Appreciate the feedback.

I concur! Yesterday I was with Chris from 8:30 until a little after 3:00. I learned a bunch, we talked about random things, and he showed me some of his "tailoring tricks." Very rewarding experience. What bespoke should be, frankly.

Thanks UC, glad you had the chance to read through!

2. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

3. Newcomer

I am very jealous of the convenience. Well, I guess my wallet is happy :).

4. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Distinguished Member

5. Newcomer

Not a problem :). Under two weeks at this point until I have the final product in my hands, so it should be easier then to spot out some of the other stylistic flourishes!

6. DLJr

DLJr TWAT Master.

Did you put any more orders in?

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Wow. Not sure if I'm more impressed by the suit or the amazing customer service.

8. Newcomer

D, I did not put any more orders in at this point. However, more will be coming. I am going to wear the first suit for a little while, so I can see if there are any minors changes to be made, stylistically or otherwise.

And VVV, right you are! In all honesty, I feel the price has been a bargain considering the customer service i have received. It has been everything I expected from bespoke, and far far more.

9. Newcomer

Out of curiosity, what does everyone think about the waist suppression? That is the one aspect that Chris and I were wavering about (well, I was wavering about, seeing as it is a fairly personal decision). I think it looks great... but there is definitely less suppression (visually) between the second and the third fitting. I am waffling between the two. My thoughts are that it is easier to take in further down the line than let out.

10. EliodA

EliodA Distinguished Member

Waist suppression is just right as it is now, IMO. From what I can see, you're of a rather slender build. With more waist suppression you run the risk of getting a feminine silhouette. Great suit all in all!

11. sprout2

sprout2 Distinguished Member

Yeah, there is plenty of waist suppression.

12. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Distinguished Member

Suit looks good as is, IMO. No need for more waist suppression.

13. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl The Moral Squirrel Dubiously Honored Moderator

14. Coburn

Coburn Senior Member

Agreed. You have a hell of suit. Don't mess with it.

15. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

It already has a beautifully balanced shape.