• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie!

mistawho

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Just registered to the forum today and wanted to share with you guys the brands i really like. Any recommendations would be great!

Currently most of the clothes I buy are :

Banana Republic (majority) - Alot of there tee's fit me perfect

Express - i have some of there dress shirts, they were cheap and usually get them dry cleaned. seems not so great quality though. any suggestions?

Kenneth Cole - Got a few kenneth cole shoes! love em.. and some dress shirts.

Ralph Lauren Polo's - love there custom fit polos!

Guess! - alot of my casual gear.

Any suggestions on better or higher quality clothes that are easy to maintain, etc???

Also any great online websites to buy from?

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
After reading the forums for awhile, you will see that most of your current garments maybe in fashion but lack style, quality and value. The "Streetwear" section maybe more receptive to your choices. However, if you wish to develop your own unique style, read on and look in the archives for ideas.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest reading all of the pinned articles at the top of the Men's Clothing and Streetwear forums. There you'll find some great recommendations on brands and stores to check out. Have fun and be patient in finding stuff that truly speaks to you and your style. This hobby get's expensive quickly.

A.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
welcome.
i have a few banana republic dress shirts and have always been satisfied by the quality of the shirts. i can really feel the quality in the denseness, feel, wearability/cut, and outcome of wash of the shirts.

their sportcoats and suits are not bad as well.
kenneth cole is not a good shoe maker, but for certain shirts and pants they have given me satisfaction as well. i have several sweaters and dress pants by kc and over the years they have held up very well. except for a couple of my dress pants that are now out of fashion (slight boot cut dress pants) the kc stuff i still wear.

ive never liked stores like structure, express, aeropostale, etc. these stores ive always seen big signs like buy 1 get 1 free, and when i was younger i checked them out and always was disappointed by the blandness and quality they offered. i ignore those stores every time i walk by.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Welcome.
After reading the forums for awhile, you will see that most of your current garments maybe in fashion but lack style, quality and value.

Please don't think that Kitonbrioni speaks for all of us. He's right in that this place has a way of changing one's tastes, but how he can draw such a broad conclusion about your wardrobe, particularly in regards to style, without seeing anything you own is beyond me.

If you stick around after such a greeting, you'll find lots of valuable information. I know I've learned an amazing amount, and this place has had a significant impact on how I dress. Hopefully you'll find it as beneficial.

Welcome aboard!

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is kind of a frustrating request, as there are no pictures, almost no details about the wearer, no budget, etc. (Some brands are more expensive than others, some run slimmer - you get the point.)

On quality, it can be said that purely casual items seldom will be of great quality. There are some differences between certain brands' lines, mainly in terms of construction and materials. (You probably already know to avoid polyester.)

There are a number of retailers listed on the Resources page, if you click on the link below. There's also Bluefly, if you're willing to take a chance on discounted items from designer brands you might not have heard of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads