• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie with pics~!

rb26inside

Reaction score
Hello to everybody! im new here. i need your comments about hows the jeans fittings on me? too long? too tight?
teacha.gif

Thanks!
07062006024.jpg

07062006023.jpg

07062006022.jpg

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I like the fit. I wouldn't say they're too tight--they look good in the pics. They may be too long, depending on your preference. I usually like jeans to stack up at the bottom like yours are in the picture, but everyone has their own preferences.

Nice Purcells, btw.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look good to me... a.p.c. right?

rb26inside

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I like the fit. I wouldn't say they're too tight--they look good in the pics. They may be too long, depending on your preference. I usually like jeans to stack up at the bottom like yours are in the picture, but everyone has their own preferences.

Nice Purcells, btw.

Thanks for the comment Saucemaster! im only worried if its to long if i dont hem it, its still quite tight at the mo, but should be stretch a little in a week maybe.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why is it that our thread titles are starting to sound like Appreciation? I guess in effect, it is...Anyways welcome, I like the APC's my man, they're too long for my tastes (I would cuff them or have them hemmed) but if you like them don't worry about it.

A.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they look decent. What size are you. I would guess a true 34-36 waist and 31-32 inseam from those pictures, right? With those measurements, and muscular thighs, I generally recommend the Rescue (a little more balanced on a bigger guy) but those look pretty nice.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats about how they fit on me and I don't plan to hem or cuff. How tall are you? I am guessing around 5'8"?

wttm

Reaction score
For anyone familiar with Slim Jims, how would you compare the NS witht he SJ ?
Thank You.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wttm
For anyone familiar with Slim Jims, how would you compare the NS witht he SJ ?
Thank You.

Slim jeans fit a little lower, and have a slouckier silhouette, with the elongated, dropped Nudie pockets emphasizing this. They are also more of a true straightleg, while New Standards taper from the knee to the hem. Both are nice jeans. I prefer the NS, maybe for personal, historical reasons, but also because I have 4 other pairs of Nudies, and the New Standards are refreshing.

wttm

Reaction score
Yeah thanks for the help LAGuy.
I'm asking because i have expereicne with NS. I'm usually a 32and i bought 32. They fit well on the waist but it was too tapered for my taste. That's why i want to buy a pair of SJ but comtemplating between a 32 or 34 inseam. I want the bunch up on the bottom but im afraid the leg opening might be too big and i would be walking on them instead.

phaedrus

Reaction score
rb26inside, is your username in reference to Nissan rb26 engine? what car do you drive?

swooc

Reaction score
thats a perfect fit imo.....this sounds really gay but i always envy guys with big thighs and a curvy butt cause they pull off an awesome look with jeans haha.

rb26inside

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments guys! im 5'8'' and a w34 true size.
Phaedrus, Yeh i used to own 2 liner gtr's, sti for now.

Cheers
Si

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads