newbie to premium denim; first pair?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rainmaker, Aug 17, 2006.

1. rainmaker

rainmaker Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to premium denim (but yes, I've read the ultimate streetwear thread). Main question: what should my first pair be? If it's helpful-- I'm ~5'10-5'11. ~175lb, give or take a couple. Pretty much from working out, not from being overweight. Largish rear, probably slightly above average thighs. Second question: dry denim, raw denim-- same thing? Thanks to you guys in advance...! (even if my wallet doesn't [​IMG] )

2. JoMak_NYC

JoMak_NYC Senior member

You left out how much you're willing to spend. [​IMG]

3. rainmaker

rainmaker Well-Known Member

^

Lol, you're right. I'm not sure about the general range though, I see some ~$200 level prices, at the same time I think there's a thread in the Buy and Sell forum selling some raw for ~$65 new.

Being a poor student, I'd like to keep it low if possible, but I'm willing to spend more if it's truly worth it. I should add that whatever I get has to be able to ship to Canada.

4. nairb49

nairb49 Senior member

Buy my eternals, depending on what size waist you are!

5. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

To answer your question, yes raw and dry denim are the same thing. If you live near or go to school near an outlet mall or store start by checking there. A lot of times, you can find stuff like Desiel, Paper Denim(even though the quality of the brand has gone down hill), and maybe even some Levi's Captial E stuff. I also suggest that you start saving your money, cause if you want a decent pair of jeans, you gonna pay out the ass for them.