• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie question about this Canali suit

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's way too much for that Canali suit, if you like Canali, go to Bloomingdale. I got one couple of months ago , a solid gun metal blue for 670. Evan @ that price, now I regret I may have paid too much for it, for 900 bucks, you should get an Isaia or the likes on STP or Saks sale.

But the suit itself looks nice though, just too much IMO.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes, the suit is almost perfect for a "First Suit"!

SB solid Charcoal 2 button, with single pleat pants. It seems just right.

But I agree that you can probably do better. Start with STP, and go from there.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by That Guy
Is it a good price for a wardrobe staple?

It depends on the urgency of your need. If you need a solid charcoal suit now, then it's a good price. If you can afford to wait and be patient, you could do better at B&M sales or on eBay. Solid charcoals are hard to find heavily discounted. I saw some Canalis at 50% off ($650-$750) at Bloomingdales but no solid greys or navy.

Keep in mind that this STP suit is a lightweight wool suit and some Canali styles are boxy. STP has a good return policy.

That Guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
It depends on the urgency of your need. If you need a solid charcoal suit now, then it's a good price. If you can afford to wait and be patient, you could do better at B&M sales or on eBay. Solid charcoals are hard to find heavily discounted. I saw some Canalis at 50% off ($650-$750) at Bloomingdales but no solid greys or navy.

Keep in mind that this STP suit is a lightweight wool suit and some Canali styles are boxy. STP has a good return policy.

That's the thing--I do need it rather urgently. I know it's not an amazing price, but it seems really hard to find great deals on solid gray suits. I feel like maybe I should bite the bullet on this wardrobe staple and then look for true bargains on secondary suits (pinstripes, windowpanes, etc.).

Thanks to all for your help.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At this moment suitsolutions4u has an Oxxford Charcoal suit for less (your best offer may be accepted). It looks nicer than the Canali. Size is 42L. Might have it in other sizes too.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/i...duct_id=221060

Same price, just as versatile, much higher quality. Dunno if it's your size though. Even if you do need a suit rather soon, do a quick check of VCH (the site to which I just linked) and Sierra Trading Post before you buy.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72

I agree. It's a decent, but not spectacular price. If you can be patient, you aren't too particular about the silhouette, and you wear a common size, you can probably find a comparable charcoal suit for a better price within several months.

FWIW, I found a charcoal Canali in my rather rare 38L size at a SOF early this Summer for $520. I did a double take when I saw it and nearly fainted when I saw the price! I've been searching for more than a year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads