Newbie needs help for rehearsal dinner

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ssanders, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ssanders

ssanders New Member

I'm getting married in six weeks and am trying to put together a nice outfit for my rehearsal dinner. I'm usually a motorcycle jacket, jeans, and Frye harness boots type of guy but our wedding is relatively formal so I'd like to dress up a bit for the rehearsal dinner. I need a quick thumbs up or down for the following type of outfit (I'm in the USA but used stylepilot.com for research so these are all UK versions):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a white Banana Republic button-down, brown belt, and a few different watches but unfortunately none with brown leather band. I'd like to find a bit darker grey pants, and maybe not corduroy. Note that these aren't exact items, just a general idea of the outfit colors. I'm 5' 10" 195 lbs. Any thoughts?

2. ssanders

ssanders New Member

Ok before I drop this, can anyone tell me if the pants and shoes could go together (color-wise)?

3. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

4. DSElliot

DSElliot Member

I know I'm new here, but nobody is going to be looking at you. This is not *your* wedding, you are an accessory to your wife, and a minor one at that. This is *her* wedding.

That being said, you could probably wear your motorcycle helmet and nobody would notice. But kudos to you for stepping up and trying to make a good impression with the bridal party. I'm sure your bride to be appreciates that.

I think brown belt and grey pants are going to look a little odd with the brown shoes. Nobody ever got criticized for wearing Khaki. You could pick up a pair of plain-front Khaki trousers or a pair of nicer jeans... Lucky brand maybe?

My only fear is that the outfit, in its current state, kind of looks like what you would find on a middle-aged car salesman who's dealership has gone dress casual for the winter. All that's missing is the dealership logo on the sweater.

5. Nauttos

Nauttos Member

The definitely do. Brown and grey go exceptionally well together!

6. matt1

matt1 Well-Known Member

Put on a blazer that should add some style to that combination.