• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newbie needing help on picking an Armani suit on ebay.

lakerboy21

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been reading all the helpful info you guys have been talking about. I backed out of buying a Calvin Klein suit on Macys (because of the poorer quality in comparison) and would like to get an Armani or Zegna suit on ebay. I was just curious though if there are a lot of fakes out there.
I was interested on this Armani suit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110115134660

Is there a way to tell if it's fake or not?

Thanks,

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakerboy21
Hi,
I've been reading all the helpful info you guys have been talking about. I back out of buying a Calvin Klein suit on Macys and would like to get an Armani or Zegna suit on ebay. I was just curious though if there are a lot of fakes out there.
I was interested on this Armani suit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110115134660

Is there a way to tell if it's fake or not?

Thanks,

I don't think it's fake, but it is rather expensive for a suit that isn't appropriate for all seasons and will wrinkle easily, never mind the construction.

lakerboy21

Reaction score
Really... it's sometimes hard to tell online what kind of fabric is on the suit. I regret losing out on the gray Zegna suit I had my eye on the other day. I think it went for $305 and it looked like it could be used for four seasons.
Thanks for the tip.

Neo1824

Reaction score
I realize that Armani does not get a lot of love here, but it seems for under a $300 price point, this is a good value for the money.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo1824
I realize that Armani does not get a lot of love here, but it seems for under a $300 price point, this is a good value for the money.

That suit is 100% cotton...

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chances are good that many of the armanis on ebay are fake, so be very careful. I would not buy an armani suit, myself-- you are paying too much for the name, and the suits are made mainly by machine (not by hand, these are mass produced products!).

Some other options you may want to consider; I think all are a good value (size 50 european is of course 40 regular american)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-1495-Hickey-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1595-NWT-Hickey-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...l-For-Men.html

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...l-For-Men.html

if you can find one on sale, I think you'd probably like a Polo Black Label suit, the cut is very cool and the lapels are a little narrower and modern. Still a classic look, will last you a long time; they just tend to be overpriced at full retail.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is authentic. The fabric is 100% cotton, so it is not suitable for all seasons. Good for summer. If you want to get it, make sure to confirm with the buyer that the suit is indeed made in Italy. Based on my experience, some of the while label Armani (Collezioni line) are also made in Turkey. If they are made in Italy, they usually state "Made in Italy" on their labels, and not if they are made in Turkey, like this one does.

I agree with other members - You pay for the name and style but not quality for an Armani suit.

DuncanM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakerboy21
I regret losing out on the gray Zegna suit I had my eye on the other day. I think it went for $305 and it looked like it could be used for four seasons.
Thanks for the tip.

Be careful of Zegna on e-bay as most of them are suits made with Zegna cloth and not Zegna made suits.

lakerboy21

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everyone. I like the style of the Hickey Freeman suits. Do they tend to make athletic cuts similiar to the European or American styles?

lakerboy21

Reaction score
I know, I'll probably get grilled for this but...
I like the styles of Ted Baker suits. Just wondering what's your take on the build quality on these suits.
I tend to favor the suits styles with the more narrow lapels and I noticed most of the Italian designers have larger (or normal) lapels while the European or American designers feature the more narrow lapels.
Am I wrong on this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads