• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

newbie looking for nice suit in Toronto

emptym

Reaction score
What's the suit selection like at Stollery's on the corner of Bloor and Yonge? I remember thinking they had very high quality stuff.
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
If you want to still shop at Harry Rosen, there is the the JP Tilford by Samulsohln...
If you really want to stick w/ Harry Rosen, since your boss shops there, this is what I would probably do. I'd try to get fitted by the guy who used to own his own custom tailoring shop and was offered a job by Harry Rosen when he (the tailor) retired. I can't remember his name, but he was about 5'8", 180 pounds, dark hair.

trader

Reaction score
How about a made to measure samualsohn at harry rosen? I think that's less than 1500. And I think he would appreciate that you went that route. You won't find any nice staple navy or charcoals at the outlets.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
What's the suit selection like at Stollery's on the corner of Bloor and Yonge? I remember thinking they had very high quality stuff.
There's many a thread about Stollery's. My short thoughts are, they carry some other stuff like Aquascutum and other British lines you won't find anywhere else. Their sales people are seriously aggressive and I've walked out furious several times. It's simply not worth the headache to walk in there. As helpful as Harry's people are, Stollery's is the opposite end of the spectrum.

Originally Posted by trader
How about a made to measure samualsohn at harry rosen? I think that's less than 1500. And I think he would appreciate that you went that route.
You won't find any nice staple navy or charcoals at the outlets.

mmm, I would advise against MTM for a couple of reasons. I wouldn't take the chance that it turns out badly while paying with someone elses money, buy OTR and know it fits you well. Plus, the average dude probably doesn't want to wait holding their breath and worried it might be all wrong for a few weeks. that's just my 2cents though.

Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Harry Rosen does MTM Tom Ford I believe. Go for it.
That would make my fukin day, seriously I would laugh so hard if he walked back to his boss looking like a million bucks and was like "oh, I found this guy some designer named Tom Ford, looks good huh? anyway, here's the bill. I figured anything under $5G's was ok". It would literally be worth getting fired over (assuming they still paid for it).

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Been a while.. but just an update for anyone who would be interested what I got... I ended up going to the Sherway Garden Harry Rosen and got a Canali suit. Charcoal gray with some hidden purple and black stripe. It was either that or another lighter gray. The sales person was really nice and seems very knowledgeable. The suit cost $1998 before tax, I was actually looking at one that cost $2298 but the sales guy said I wouldn't look good in it with my skin tone. The guy's name is Lou. Great guy. Though he tried to get me to get some nice shirts and shoes to go with it but he wasn't too pushy.

Anyway, my Boss who settled the tab was quite please with what I got. Lots of people in the office commented positively on my choice (perhaps a major step up since my other suits are really crappy..) I've been wearing it quite a bit... I know I am not suppose to always wear the same suit all the time.. I am planning to get another good suit this weekend.. this time, I'll have to pay so I am looking to see if I could get something under $800 at Harry Rosen's outlet or HR Last Call as suggested by some of the folks from their previous post.

Anyway, thanks so much for everyone's advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics