• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
hello--just joined the forum--i cannot wait to particpate--i have a men's store in birmingham, michigan so i cannot wait to share and learn. our store just launched our website if anyone wants to check it out www.peasantonline.com

(we focus the store on indie labels: apc, rogan, engineered garments, spruce...)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've moved your post to Streetwear, where it will get more interested traffic.

Welcome to the forum. And thank you for not pretending to be someone who "just found this cool website dudes" or something. We appreciate honesty.

Brian SD

Reaction score
nice website. I like the selection. Nice to see some Troglodyte Homonculus online.. that's a very cool label.

Where's your spruce? I couldn't find it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Beleive it or not, but your shop has been mentioned here before, although those posts may have been lost in what we call "The Crash". Nice selection of brands, but I am biased. Your shop seems to resemble Odin NYC or Scout L.A., both of which I like.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
i too would like to see some spruce on your site!

Spencer Young

Reaction score
I like the website, it's easy to get around and looks really slick. Welcome!

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
The apc ran away and cannot be found.
frown.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Cool site. I love the downtown Birmingham area, used to go wander around and shop there when I lived in Michigan.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
i am nominating you for best topic title in a post for 2006.
Totally.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
ah, when i get home i'll be able to get spruce, cool. no need to buy it while i'm in japan anymore haha.

implicit

Reaction score
Hey there!
Glad to see you on styleforum. You should also check out superfuture (if you haven't yet).
I'm looking forward to seeing you once I'm back in Michigan.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe briancl and myself mentioned peasant and had a chat about it here when it first opened and was first mentioned in the detroit media

the husband/wife owners seem like nice people
please buy from them
this way i can be selfishly assured of the survival of a "local" option and source for cool clothing

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right on..

I just noticed that this poster was the Peasant shop located in Metro Detroit. I think they opened about 12 months ago, and I would say they have really gone against the grain (in terms of local style). I'm glad to see they have continued to add quality clothes.

Do not hesitate to do business with this shop. They are top notch.

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
thank you for the nice words everyone--we are sure trying.
i had apc, spruce, rogues, eng garments... items photographed on wednesday so they should be available sometime next week on the site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics