• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Zegna Suit Fit & Made in Spain

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed the new Zegna suit fits? They've added a new body that's slimmer than the Milano model.

And they've started to make them in Spain; do you think this entails a drop in construction quality?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. This isn't Z Zegna is it? The ones I saw, IIRC, were made in Spain or Turkey and of lower quality. They looked uber cool though.

I was just at Zegna and didn't see anything slimmer than Milano for their main line.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any made in Spain stuff but there is some stuff slimmer then the normal Milano. At least when it comes to odd jackets. I almost had to size up with my last couple. Not sure what line it is. I think the label mentions SMA or something like that.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not Z Zegna, definitely mainline. I think the new slimmer cut came out this season (I had to size up due to the cut). And it had a made in Spain label.

I've also noticed that some Armani Collezione suits are made in Turkey too.

mrbateman

Reaction score
I know what you are talking about. I was speaking to a representative at Saks about this new fit. It's a "travel fit" or something like that and has been popular this seasons because it's like the most deconstructed version of their sport coats (alot of unlined jackets) and it is infact a slimmer fit than the Milano cut. Does anyone know what the actual name of this line is?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traveller isn't new. It's basically the exact same cut of the Milano but has travel features. Internal pockets or different fabrics.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrbateman
I know what you are talking about. I was speaking to a representative at Saks about this new fit. It's a "travel fit" or something like that and has been popular this seasons because it's like the most deconstructed version of their sport coats (alot of unlined jackets) and it is infact a slimmer fit than the Milano cut. Does anyone know what the actual name of this line is?

I thought it was just called the Travel cut. I did not have to size up based on my Milano size, but it was noticeably trimmer. Slimmer cut, 3/4 lined, 2 button notch lapel, along the lines of this:

http://store.zegna.com/ERMENEGILDO_Z...d10/41201004NJ

There's also Traveller fabric, but that's different - it's a water repellent / stain resistant treatment that they've had for several years.

vida

Reaction score
I recently read somewhere that Zegna was introducing a slimmer model. It may have been on one of their runway reviews on GQ or the New York Times.
Anyhow, I call Zegna in Beverly Hills and way told that they knew of no new models. However, I was told that the Milano is a bit slimmer this season and that this was to be an update to the current Milano line.

abmf24

Reaction score
Its a new fit.....I hae the suit, its mainline & its called "st bas"

__PG__

Reaction score
I thrifted an old Zegna Trofeo suit that was made in Spain. It's still in fantastic condition for an old suit.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by abmf24
Its a new fit.....I hae the suit, its mainline & its called "st bas"

Which I guess is different then the jackets with SMA on the label? This are slimmer then normal Milano.

abmf24

Reaction score
not sure abot sma......the one I have is slimmer than the Milano......it also has more details than what Ive seen before (similar to the Napoli/Couture line.......stitching etc)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads