• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Zealand

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I went in 2005 to race the Ironman and it was amazing. I wish I had more than a week there. We basically just went from Auckland, to Hamilton (Dad has business interest there), to Lake Taupo and back. Even that alone was very satisfying; but, a chance to just spend 2 weeks on both islands would be awesome. Very clean, very beautiful and really not that expensive in terms of hotels and eating.

cam_pearson

Reaction score
I live here.. It's a beautiful country, small population size, alot of green of course, sheep.. mountain areas, it truly is as beautiful as people say, Queenstown and the South Island are fantastic, also, the northern coastlines, Bay of Plenty and further north toward Whangerai are amazing drives and holiday spots, the vineyards of Marlbourough and further south make some of the best chardonnay and Pinot Noir in the world!

Definately worth a visit, shoot me an email if I can help in any way..

Cam

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went there a couple of times. Milford Sound was my favourite place, and the Te Anau glow-worm caves was also really good. Places like Queenstown and Rotorua are too touristy for my taste.

+1 on the wine, and don't forget the Sauvignon Blancs.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Milford Trek - the world's best walk
teacha.gif

I've long wished for a couple of weeks (everyone says you should take a month!) in Feb/March to fish in NZ and visit Australia.....

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've watched Flight Of The Conchords a lot, does that count?

Kevin

Reaction score
I've watched that video every day for the last three weeks. Sure it's marketing, but it's a beautiful video and captures what I believe is supposed to be the essence of Kiwi culture; young, adventurous outdoor types with a friendly vibe.

If you're serious about going, Air New Zealand is running a special right now on travel in April and May for $900 from LAX or SFO. You can add on three more stops in NZ for an additional $120. That's an outstanding bargain.

The exchange rate is very favorable right now ($1 NZD = $.75 USD), so accommodations should be pretty reasonable. I've bookmarked a list of B&Bs in Auckland here.

And in case you needed any additional convincing, check out some daily photo blogs from different areas of the country: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Nelson.

Kevin

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
same as cam pearson.

The dollar is really weak here, which is a plus for you guys visiting!

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife was an exchange student there for a whole year her junior year of HS. She loved it. She lived on the north island in a tiny farming town of Opotiki.

We visited the north island back in 02 (the year of the America's cup) in February and spent 2 weeks there. We rented a car in Auckland and basically drove up and around the coromandel peninsula, then east towards whakatane and then stopped by opotiki to visit her host families. After that we went to Rotorua and then Taupo and then finished our trip through Hamilton and back to Auckland.

Had a great time and definitely would love to visit the south island next.

Kevin

Reaction score
Bought my tickets today. See you in Auckland!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Trenditional

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I went in 2005 to race the Ironman and it was amazing. I wish I had more than a week there. We basically just went from Auckland, to Hamilton (Dad has business interest there), to Lake Taupo and back. Even that alone was very satisfying; but, a chance to just spend 2 weeks on both islands would be awesome. Very clean, very beautiful and really not that expensive in terms of hotels and eating.
Isn't swimming in Taupo amazing. So clear, we joked about going out a couple days before and laying rocks at the bottom like lane lines. The people in Taupo were amazing, they take the race seriously!

Anyone contemplating going to N.Z. should go! It is beautiful!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yes I chuckled to myself during the swim that you could see clear down at all of the golfballs at the bottom of the lake.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads