1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New York trip, where to go???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by justinkapur, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

+1, although I've never been there before midnight. It's cheap and good when you're stumbling around the Village at 2am. Right around the corner from the Blue Note jazz club.

2. comrade

comrade Senior member

3. calisanfran

calisanfran Senior member

Same here. It would feel strange being there pre-revelries.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  4. Viral

Viral Senior member

72nd and Madison.......

5. Yachting Man

Yachting Man Senior member

Go to 21 Club for lunch or dinner.

I absolutely love it there. I'm there at least once a week.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  6. DenimDan

DenimDan Well-Known Member

For an afternoon snack; hit up Ino in the West Village and get an order, or two of the Truffled Eggs toast and a glass of their Montepulciano.

Hit up Prosperity Dumpling in China Town - get the dumplings and a few pancake sandwiches.

7. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

+1
    Astor place baby. Not as good as las du falafel in pairs though. Not nearly as good.

8. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

You need to give us some parameters as to what you are looking for in dining: cuisine, area, cost. New York has a lot to offer, there are also a lot of previous threads on this. Do not go to the 21 Club. Very pricey, average food at best. For upscale dining, I'm fond of Babbo and Le Bernardin among many others. You're probably too late to get reservations for Babbo, however. All David Chang's places (the Momofukus, etc,) are great. David Bouley's new place, Brushstroke, sounds really interesting but I haven't been yet.
    For clothes, the sky's the limit.
    For discounts, try Daffy's and Century 21.

9. KPO89

KPO89 Senior member

If you don't want to go to Brooklyn for Luger's then I would highly suggest Uncle Jack's Steakhouse. They have a special (as of last week) 35 day aged steak which is excellent. Also great salad and crab cakes.

9th Ave and 35th I believe.

10. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    +1 i love these stores, just browsing makes you feel like a millionaire

11. NickPollica

NickPollica Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Okay, Here's my list of places that are interesting and somewhat unique to NYC, broken down by neighborhood:

Upper East side
    Ralph Lauren Flagship at 72nd and Madison
    Peter Elliot Blue at 72nd and Lexington
    Gentleman's Resale at 81st between 1st and 2nd (This is NYC's best kept secret, seriously - shoe offering is incredible)
    Michele Negri at 79th and Madison (beautifully soft tailored Italian tailored clothing)

Midtown
    Bergdorf Goodman Men 58th and 5th ave. (This is arguably the best men's store in the country)
    Barney's at 60th and Madison
    DeCorato (The old Borrelli store that now carries Attolini, Marinella, Sartorio, Fedeli, etc.) 60th and Madison

Downtown
    Ina Mens on Prince St. between Mott & Elizabeth
    Leffot as previously mentioned
    CHCM on Bond between broadway and lafayette (The store is a little streetwear but is one of the only places in the US to get Valstar and Herno. They also carries Drakes ties and some great shoes)
    Grahame G. Fowler at W 10th between Waverly Place and Greenwich Ave.
    Century 21 by the WTC is far better than Daffy's. You can find things like Caruso, Isaia, Boglioli, Brioni, Hickey, Cucinelli, etc. at DEEP discount if you dig but be prepared for a sh*tshow.

Hope that helps a little. For food my two Italian recs would be Il Bagatto on 2nd St. between Aves A & B in alphabet city and Savore on the corner of Spring & Sullivan (Paolo, the owner of Savore, is one of the most stylish guys in NYC).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011