• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New York: Shoes for Tux

bgranc02

Reaction score
Any recommendations on where to pick-up a pair of nicely priced, decent black shoes to wear with a tux for a wedding I am leaving to head to tomorrow night?

If it was another pair of brown shoes I would have no problem heading to any number of the spots often discussed here. I am not the biggest fan of black shoes and my only nice pair are not quite formal enough for a tux.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers? Or the C&J store in Turnbull & Asser on 57th.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bgranc02
Any recommendations on where to pick-up a pair of nicely priced, decent black shoes to wear with a tux for a wedding I am leaving to head to tomorrow night?

If it was another pair of brown shoes I would have no problem heading to any number of the spots often discussed here. I am not the biggest fan of black shoes and my only nice pair are not quite formal enough for a tux.

what are your parameters for nicely priced, decent black shoes? Calf or Patent leather? Lace-up or slip-on (with the bow)? Are you planning to wear them again and again, or is this a one-time deal?

bessdes the aforementioned BB, You could get the AE coppley (Patent Leather Lace-up)at the AE stores. It would only be $325. Alternatively, you could go to an Alden store or dealer and get a plaintoe calf lace-up (the model numbers are the 932 or 935)

bgranc02

Reaction score
I prefer calf, was thinking a lace-up cap toe so I would give myself a bit of flexibility with usage. I know I will need them at least for two other events over the next 3 months or so, so they will get a few wears. 325 would be a bit high based on how much I think I would wear these.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so try to search for some AE black shoes on EBay, they usually sell for about 100 or so.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Except he needs them by tomorrow.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments