New York shoe repair

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Patrick Bateman, May 26, 2005.

1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could recommend a shoe repair place in NYC. I don't need to go to a high-end cobbler, just need a basic heel replacement for a pair of Polo RL lace-ups. If it helps, the sole is leather but the heel is made of rubber. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

There's a shop in the 53rd and 5th subway stop, SW corner near Brooks. They also have a large number of chairs for shoe shines. I had some heels replaced for about $16. I saw lots of boxes from nearby high-end stores, so I figure they've got a good reputation.

3. caledoniasoul2

caledoniasoul2 Well-Known Member

pablos or pavlos on east 88th off lex. cant be beat at reasonable prices....i like them even better then the high end store on 59th that everyone reccomeneds....

4. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

I have used BNelson, 1221 6th Ave (they are underneath Rockefeller Center) 212-869-6634, and was very impressed. I had them replace the entire sole and heel as well as repair the lining on an old pair of Bruno Magli's that I love and they came out as good as new. B. Nelson Shoes

5. demo5

demo5 Senior member

The place DandySF is referring to, I believe, is Angelo's at 666 Fifth Avenue. Bergdorf's sends their customers there. I have always been pleased with their results.