• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
When I took a jacket out of the box from a recent Yoox order this fell out...pity there's no new car waiting for me downstairs. Have you received anything expected from Yoox?
IMG_9709.jpg

IsoE

Reaction score
When I took a jacket out of the box from a recent Yoox order this fell out...pity there's no new car waiting for me downstairs. Have you received anything expected from Yoox?
View attachment 1345556
Well, they probably ship your BMW in installments if you keep up buying!
I onetime had a lady's skirt liner in the box, and it's Agnona!

tennessee

Reaction score
Are there any other sites out there similar to Yoox that you guys shop?

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Has anyone bought luckyoox gift box and what do you think? It's a mystery box of clothing and accessory items valued at $350 or more and each box is unique.

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone bought luckyoox gift box and what do you think? It's a mystery box of clothing and accessory items valued at $350 or more and each box is unique.

Their shipping is suspended right now. Heads up.

FondDeJante

Reaction score

Thinking about the range of products that Yoox stock and the small % of it that is decent, I'd expect this to be awful

thomas199023

Reaction score

Found this unboxing online. https://www.shopgirldaily.com/luckyoox-gift-box-review/

Seems hit or miss, but in this example, you could probably get the costs of the box out by just selling the Cuci belt online. Also the box is discounted to 109$ now. I would be open to trying one out, but it seems like they only offer this to the US. Which makes sense as consumer rights in the EU would force YOOX to take returns.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Found this unboxing online. https://www.shopgirldaily.com/luckyoox-gift-box-review/

Seems hit or miss, but in this example, you could probably get the costs of the box out by just selling the Cuci belt online. Also the box is discounted to 109$ now. I would be open to trying one out, but it seems like they only offer this to the US. Which makes sense as consumer rights in the EU would force YOOX to take returns.
The unboxing is from 2015. Now it's only available for men and is returnable.

flowcharts

Reaction score
Nope. I'd imagine it's a tactic to remove & reintroduce the items, with hopes that new eyes will the product and/or some artifical urgency will drive purchases from those who already had the item saved. If you have a specific example, you could test that theory by going to the either the designer or category page and sorting by latest arrivals.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever figured out why some items become hidden? I haven't been able to decipher any sort of pattern other than noticing that their prices don't seem to get reduced very often, if ever
Nope. I'd imagine it's a tactic to remove & reintroduce the items, with hopes that new eyes will the product and/or some artifical urgency will drive purchases from those who already had the item saved. If you have a specific example, you could test that theory by going to the either the designer or category page and sorting by latest arrivals.

I also suspect that Net-a-Porter moves items between platforms. For instance, I've noticed that an item in my dream box on Yoox will disappear (or be hidden) at the same time as that item (in the same size) appears on Mr. Porter when they re-introduce items from past seasons during the later parts of the seasonal sales. It's too well-timed to not be the case, I think. Then the item returns to Yoox after a few weeks if it doesn’t sell on Mr. Porter.

Last edited:

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fairly certain that is not the case, at least in terms of ending back up in latest arrivals, but an interesting theory.

I also suspect that Net-a-Porter moves items between platforms. For instance, I've noticed that an item in my dream box on Yoox will disappear (or be hidden) at the same time as that item (in the same size) appears on Mr. Porter when they re-introduce items from past seasons during the later parts of the seasonal sales. It's too well-timed to not be the case, I think. Then the item returns to Yoox after a few weeks if it doesn’t sell on Mr. Porter.

This is also interesting and possible. A few of my recently "disappeared" items are definitely from mrporter, though they are over 3 years old. I will keep an eye out to see if they appear on mrporter in the upcoming weeks. Other items, however, definitely wouldn't be put on mrporter. I wonder if they could be elsewhere...I'll have to try and really look!

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wonder if you all got the additional 20% off on selected items promotion on the app today. It seems a popup after you open the app is the only way to access the product page. After I left the page I haven't seen the popup again even after I relaunched the app a few times. But it seems they are mostly from the clearance section. If anyone's interested the Yooxcode is "extrasale".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics