new Yoox codes and sales - post them here

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GoldenTribe, Aug 6, 2011.

1. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

someone is making counterfeit yoox security tags?:lurk:

2. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Doubt it's hard to re thread the tag if you know what you're doing

3. AE7

AE7 Senior member

Few of the tags I saw could easily be de-linked and re-linked back, without braking the plastics or re-threading the string.

4. Keoke

Keoke Senior member

I've just received a pair of shoes from Yoox. One shoe has a thin 8 cm gash on the side and slight discoloration on the toe cap area.
    This in fact is the first time I must return something from them as damaged/flawed. So I don't think this will change my overall good opinion of them.
    Do they automatically refund the shipping costs (it was 15 euros) in such cases or do I have to ask for it specifically?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

5. AE7

AE7 Senior member

I once received a damaged purse (for my wife) with the very apparent cut. I sent the photo to the Yoox and it has very kindly reimbursed it without the need to send this purse back to them.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

They used to do it automatically if I left note during return so I didn't check some returns and saw only about half did, probably best to call. Shoe quality is really poor these days almost 2/3 of what I have gotten was nowhere close to new quality

7. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

i received a couple of suits that were a diffusion line and not the mainline (which is what they were listed as). it's like you have to battle the get them to refund the shipping. I sent an email, was told they would do it for one order, no response on the second. I just filed a claim with amex.

8. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

dupe

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

I bought my margiela boots off yoox and the leather's all cracked and fucked up on one panel... I'm thinking some of the stuff yoox gets is factory seconds / rejects.

10. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

As a guy in the business myself -- you have to realize that Yoox is indeed buying stuff from prior seasons that didn't sell for one reason or another, or sometimes never even made it out of the factory. So there are bound to be discolorations, fit issues, etc.... on a piece or two now and again. A lot of the stuff is just overstock or overrun and perfectly fine, but there are other items that come along as well. They are buying in so much volume that it's nearly impossible to inspect every garment for these sorts of things. It's just the nature of the business.

11. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

when will your business be unveiled?

12. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

For people who received a partial refund before, did it take exactly 3 days?

I returned some wool pants that had some major problems in the hem with the threads coming apart with the slightest tug. I marked it as so on the return form online. And lo and behold that is the item supposedly still in queue while I got refunded on the other trousers.
    So much for being in honest. I am just worried that they will twist it around and say no refund because of damage goods.

The pants were already damaged to begin with . . . pft

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Toasty I think I had to wait a bit but they've always done right eventually.

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Thanks for the reassurance. I will let it be and follow up later then.

15. Peurist

Peurist Senior member

Oh, it's already up -- been up for a few months now -- http://www.peurist.com. Still have merchandise to be added and have to start properly advertising, but it's there. We're up and running, slow and steady.